Parking Ticket - Considering challenging

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3728 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I received a parking ticket on Friday and when I challenged the one sign on a long street saying pay at meter. The nearest metre to my car was over two blocks away. When I explained to the traffic warden that I didn't feel that the sign was sufficient he advised me to appeal as 'a lot of people complain to about the parking notices around this area and the nearest payment machine is way down the road'.

Can anyone advise whether they think it would be worth appealing under these circumstances?

Thanks for any advice.

Anedar

Yes, you must appeal.

There's no way someone should walk two blocks to pay for parking.

Take pictures or better a video of the spot where you parked and the nearest meter.

As far as I know, payment meters should be a maximum of 30 yards from the furthest parking place, but I need to check it out, not 100% sure atm.

If you can, upload a copy of the pcn omitting personal details, number plate, barcodes etc.

Yes, you must appeal.

There's no way someone should walk two blocks to pay for parking.

Take pictures or better a video of the spot where you parked and the nearest meter.

As far as I know, payment meters should be a maximum of 30 yards from the furthest parking place, but I need to check it out, not 100% sure atm.

If you can, upload a copy of the pcn omitting personal details, number plate, barcodes etc.

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to go back there and take a video today. Looking online using streetview and map my run I can see that the nearest payment machine to where I parked was 164 yards away!

I haven't got a scanner to upload the picture of the PCN unfortunately. is there anything I should look out for?

When you check the area, be sure to check that the rules for the parking bays near that meter are the same. If that meter is close to a bay with, say, a 2-hour limit, while your bay had a different restriction, then that machine couldn't be used to park there anyway.