Wages arrestment in place, now they have sent a bank arrestment too??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3713 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am currently paying a wages arrestment to Charles Anderson - at least its getting paid every month and as I am currently a full time student working part time I am excuded from paying council tax at the moment so hopefully by time I finish college I will be council tax debt free and can start paying normally again.

I have paid 2 months of the amount they say I owe but I have also just received a bank account arrestment order from an old bank account that I no longer use - stating that the bank couldnt give them anything as I obviously had no funds in that account as its not in use. I havent had a chance to speak to them yet as its the weekend but can they arrest your bank account on top of an existing wages arrestment?? I thought they were only legally allowed to take so much a month? I have moved all my funds from my existing account in the meantime in case I get any surprises in the next few days until I speak to them.

Hi,

I'm sure they are able to take more than one action at the same time, they are only legally allowed to take set amounts from your wages, not by other means ie: Bank Account arrestment.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 3 weeks later...

Play safe with Bank Account Arrestment at all times, ensure that you never have more than £460.00 in the account as this is the ring fenced figure.

I would need to look further into this, however my understanding is that they are entitled to recover the debt by both wages and bank arrestment at the same time.

PS they cannot touch overdraft.

Hi Shutterbug,

Make sure you inform the council that you're a student and give them a letter from college/uni otherwise they might chase you in the future for council tax payments. Like it happened to me.

Good luck :-)