Highview Parking / Debt Recovery Plus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3041 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hope someone can help ...

Recieved a letter from Debt Recovery Plus this morning demanding a sum of £148,99!

This charge, originally £90 was brought about firstly through Highview Parking for a longer than 2 hour stay in Livingston, Scotland.

The car I was driving was a hired car, (Alamo / Europcar), which in turn gave Highview my name and address here in Germany. ( also charged an extra £35 from my credit card for doing them the service)

Since then I have recieved a total of 3 letters from Highview Parking all of which I have ignored.... Just ignore this one too?

You live in Germany? Then chuck it in the bin and forget about it unless you receive signed and stamped court papers - as the offence was in Scotland the law is different and the PPC cannot pursue the registered keeper. Were one or more people able to drive the car on the hire agreement? Just noticed that it seems the hire co charged you £35 for providing your info to PCC? If that's the case I would be insisting on a charge back as that is an unauthorized debit and could be considered theft.

Edited by Homer67
more info

The hire agreement was just for myself. (The steeríng wheel is on the wrong side of the car for my wife)

Just dont want to have to travel back for a court hearing in Scotland. Coughing up the cash would be cheaper.

Couldn´t believe they gave my address to them at all ... what´s with the data protection act? Are they allowed to give away my details?

Edited by Gr33nguy

There wont be a court hearing at all. NOTHING will happen. Focus on getting that unlawful charge back from the hire company.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

What was meant was do a chargeback on your credit card for the unauthorised payment. It is not a fine so the hire company are wrong to bill you for passing on your details-there will be nothing in the hire contract that allows them to as it is merely an uninforecebale (in Scotland no PoFA to allow company to chase owner of vehicle) invoice and they had the choice of ignoring it or just giving your name and address but the charge doesnt represent the cost for them to do so and is thus unlawful so reclaim it.

As for Highview they are being very silly as there is nothing that allows them to charge you for parking either as no trespass laws and breach of contract needs proof of who was driving at the time. Proof is with highview, not for you to show that it wasnt you.

So, ignore DR+ as they are the parking industry's tame rentathreat debt collectors. If highview do want to start something just get the case transferred to your local court in Germany!!

As to Europcar ....

Dear Sirs,

We have been notified that a traffic violation was committed during your recent rental period with us. Please see attached photocopy of the notice for details. (Highview Parking charge notice)

To comply with our legal obligations we have supplied your details to the issuing body as the primary driver at the time of the offence. Blah Blah

In accordance with our terms and conditions of hire we have charged you a fee to cover our administation costs and this is detailed on the enclosed invoice. (Invoice Admin fee £30 / VAT £6)

I had tried to contact Europcar at the time, (recieving my CC Bill), per Email but it was left unanswered. A day later the letter from Europcar arrived.

No traffic violation, no legal requiremnt to pass on your details. Just ignorant and dont care less.

Just do a recharge to your card saying unauthorised. CC co will normally ask you to fill out a form with tick boxes on and you can expalin a bit about the 336 charge being both incorrect and excessive and thus unlawful.

• 1 year later...

Nope. welcome to the murky world of PPC's.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D