Restons/Arrow Global old provi debt?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3767 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

This morning I received a letter from Restons on behalf of Arrow Global claiming I owe £250-ish. I have had letters from Arrow global previously, who bought the debt from someone else. Its statute barred, and neither Restons nor Arrow Global have mentioned the original creditor in any letters.

Anyway, they claim that Arrow Global obtained a CCJ against me in 2011, but this is the first mention of it, and it was not on my Experian Report last year when I checked it. How do I deal with this? I don't want to pay trust online to do searches for the CCJ if it does not exist, and I do not want to write to Restons just in case it resets the Statute Barred Limitation( i'm not 100% its over 6 years ago).

For Clarity, I think it may be Provident, I had dealings with them prior to 2008, I lost my job and asked to lower the payments as I couldn't afford them, and they were not particularly nice to me(some threats were made by them) so I stopped paying altogether.

Send them the SB letter. Regarding the CCJ, check trustonline to see if its registered. If it is, then it should be easy to get it set aside. You didnt get the claim forms, and the debt was SB anyway.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D