Property Deeds

MrDampy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3758 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi hopefully this can be placed in the right section, as I could not find the best place for it!

My Question is as follows

I own a House, and have recently got married, and Iwant to add my wifes name to the deeds of my house,if i go to a solicitor to have this done will the land registry send a letter of confirmation to my property (I live in her house) and as I have people living in my house,I do not want them to know my business, or will all the paper work go directly to the solicitor?

hi,

you don't need a solicitor to do this as you can do this yourself by filling in the forms from the land registry. unless of course you want a solicitor to provide you with legal advice, or it could be a charge on the property and the owners want solicitor or conveyancer.

also i am unsure whether you would have to pay property tax / stamp duty?

land registry should be able to help and guide you through this process

If I've given you advice, then it is just my thoughts / opinions - doesn't mean I am right!

land regisrty have a form that you can download, I believe. There is a fee but if you are changing from sole tenancy to joint tenancy it is minimal. If you change to tenants in common you have to specify how much of the ownership is changing hands and may have to pay stamp duty on the exchanged portion.

A joint tenancy is one where you both own all of the property as a single entity so it will automatically go to the other person on the death of one of them. No death duties that way either.