Credit file checking by dca

amberleaf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3752 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Unfortunately yes, they can now check your credit file. It does seem to be overkill though if they are checking every week ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

1st Credit do tend to make multiple searches Connaught is their " collections" arm.

Where on the CRA file are these searches recorded and how are they titled "unrecorded search" " Debt Collection" or Outstanding Debt".

In the past some DCAs have had to pay compensation for excessive and frequent searches on alleged debtors records.

Have 1st Credit or Connaught contacted you yet? Do not engage with them by phone, e-mails are to easily ignored so keep all contact in writing by post only.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

1st Credit do tend to make multiple searches Connaught is their " collections" arm.

Where on the CRA file are these searches recorded and how are they titled "unrecorded search" " Debt Collection" or Outstanding Debt".

In the past some DCAs have had to pay compensation for excessive and frequent searches on alleged debtors records.

Have 1st Credit or Connaught contacted you yet? Do not engage with them by phone, e-mails are to easily ignored so keep all contact in writing by post only.

Unfortunately I have allready spoken to them twice on the phone. I do have them recorded though. I spoke to different people one contradicting the others conversation.

They bought the debt a couple of months ago and have already passed it from 1stcredit to Connaught for bankruptcy proceedings. First 2 letters received from first credit in a week, next letter ten days later with bankruptcy proceedings from connaught.

OK, Nothing verbal can be held as an admission of liability which must b unequivocal and inwriting.

How much is owed, history of the debt please.

Have they issued a statutory demand yet if when exactly.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

OK, Nothing verbal can be held as an admission of liability which must b unequivocal and inwriting.

How much is owed, history of the debt please.

Have they issued a statutory demand yet if when exactly.

Hi Brigadier,

Before I go into specifics on the open thread, when i spoke to them "Connaught" yesterday they told me they monitor these forums heavily for clients using them. This may seem overly paranoid but will this be doing my self more harm by making this public.

kindest regards

Erm... Dont listen to them, you are aloud to get advice from us... There is nothing wrong with this!

They do it to try to limit your options... Why should THEY dictate WHO you can get advice from.

But also on the other hand i understand your worries however the forum operates in utmost privacy.

Give us a rough estimate of the debt and the company.

Also i dont think they are quite telling the truth here...

1st credit are the Reigate Monkeys

Ill make no lie, i work just across the road from them and see the types they employ. Anyway back to your issue.

I think they are trying to turn up the "Pressure Valves" here, dont let them. If they want to go for Bankruptcy then they will send the relevant documents etc

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Erm... Dont listen to them, you are aloud to get advice from us... There is nothing wrong with this!

They do it to try to limit your options... Why should THEY dictate WHO you can get advice from.

But also on the other hand i understand your worries however the forum operates in utmost privacy.

Give us a rough estimate of the debt and the company.

Also i dont think they are quite telling the truth here...

1st credit are the Reigate Monkeys

Ill make no lie, i work just across the road from them and see the types they employ. Anyway back to your issue.

I think they are trying to turn up the "Pressure Valves" here, dont let them. If they want to go for Bankruptcy then they will send the relevant documents etc

Ok

well the debt goes back to 2009 and is a cc for pence under 4000. Their was also a overdraft for a small sum and we made a doorstep agreement with another debt company to pay them £40 a month towards paying these off. We then got a letter from Lloyds in December with a statement saying they had taken the payments off the overdraft and had sold the cc account to 1st credit.

The next day we got a letter from 1st credit saying we had a week to pay this debt and at the end of the week we got a letter offering 5% discount if we don't respond it will go to their legal department and we had 28 days to respond. Two weeks later we got a letter from Connaught saying they where going to take steps towards bankruptcy.

I then rang them and they told me i could pay over three years i said i needed to work out my finances. They said they would hold the account for 30 days.

The next phone was to offer a lower amount and they refused said it was with legal and i could know only pay over 24months or they will make bankruptcy proceedings.

We have always been aware of DCAs lurking on the forums but I would not be too concerned about this.

Ok so this is over the BR threshold so have Conall actually served a statutory demand for payment.

1st Crud usually use a courier service to serve the SDs and get a signature for them.

You verbal offers etc., are not an admission of liability.

What shows on your credit reference files?

OK next move CCA request to 1st Credit to see if they can produce a compliant agreement.

There is a £1.00 statutory fee to pay, use a cheque or PO marked clearly " For Statutory Fee Only" 1st Crud have 12 + 2 Working Days to Comply: Use the template from the CAG Library, send by recorded signed for post and check delivery.

Please for your own sake keep off the phone.

they don't like cag because we normally cost them money

by stopping the fleecing people

on debts they have NO LEGAL RIGHT to collect on.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...