Collectica chasing someone else.

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3759 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This morning I received a call on my mobile for a name I did not recognise, I advised they had the wrong number and they went away.

At about midday I received a text: 'This is a Collectica reminder. Your arrangement of £33.00 is due tomorrow. Please call 0844 800 45 88, option 2, use ref 80***59 to make your payment'

Now I have no relationship of any sort with Collectica and had never heard of them until today.

I have now been hung up on by five (5) Collectica employees whilst trying to resolve this.

They all seemed to think I should give them my name and address, and I declined to give them any personal data at all.

I suggested they contact the alleged debtor in question to confirm their mobile number and in the meantime not use either of the numbers they have on the account because one is clearly wrong and at that point all five of them hung up because I am not 'co-operating' with them.

I have to say this was a trip down memory lane, although I have never had any previous dealings with this particular company.

My alleged debts are all now thankfully well and truly statute barred, but it seems I now have the prospect of regular contact from Collectica who intend to supply me with data concerning a third party

As an interesting aside the fifth person I spoke to advised me Collectica don't have a credit license.

Found this little gem on their website faq

I have no knowledge of this debt/I am in dispute that the debt is valid?

You should contact us immediately to obtain further information on the debt and to let us know why you are in dispute with the debt. We can advise you on the next steps to take to resolve your dispute. We can only cease action on the recovery of the debt when instructed to do so by our client so you may need to contact them. You should do this as soon as possible as failing to get the issue resolved will lead to further charges being incurred.

So if you are contacted out of the blue with reference to a debt which is not yours YOU must sort it out yourself or you will incur 'charges' LOLZ