B & Q Kitchen Issues

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3765 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi guys I know theres a big gap in dates here but I came across your thread after searching for reviews for b and q kitchens.

I had a crème gloss kitchen fitted in april 2013 and around 2 months later I noticed the door above microwave housing was bubbling. under the terms of the guarantee I phoned the installation centre and they sent the fitter with a new door.

He said my microwave seal had worn away and caused it (although his sidekick confirmed not all microwaves have a seal) the fitter then said to me "ill leave this door as im sure your husband is bright enough to fit it!, and we wont keep coming out to it" - not the level of service I expect to receive. anyway around 3 weeks ago I noticed the door under sink has bubbled and blistered - we put this down to water possibly splashing over from sink and running down door, which granted would have to be a lot of water. anyway today I found another door blistering (this door is neither near heat or water) I phoned installation centre immediately who agree it doesn't sound good and are supposedly phoning me on Monday to arrange a surveyor visit next week.

it was at this point I came across this thread which I intend to show to this surveyor. since finding this thread on iphone and taking time to search on laptop so I could view on a larger scale I have since discovered 2 more lots of damage; these being on side of wall cupboards one of which has separated the laminate from the wood so it will flake in time.

I am absolutely gutted as id waited 6 years for a new kitchen and this has happened so soon. on the flip side though it shows its not through neglect (which it definitely isn't) so a big thank you for the posts which definitely backs me up

Edited by citizenB

It sounds very odd that kitchen doors would 'bubble' after such a short time.

Unless you flood your kitchen every night, sounds like a faulty batch.

Happened to me with one door from wickes, just one out of a dozen.

Keep calling them back under warranty.

I found a lot of my 'gloss door's' in the kitchen bubbled if they were anywhere near a heat source, looks like the adhesive has dried out.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I found a lot of my 'gloss door's' in the kitchen bubbled if they were anywhere near a heat source, looks like the adhesive has dried out.
that's what we initially accepted when door above housing unit bubbled 2 months after installation but yesterday I found a base unit door had bubbled and this particular door is on conservatory side (open plan) where there is no heat or water source and this morning I've found another bubble appearing. They seem to be erupting like boils either that or my kitchen has caught chicken pics!! 😒