drydensfairfax collecting for HMRC

theshuffler
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3756 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recieved a letter from the above regarding a late filing charge for 2009 which was originally £100 and has since doubled .

The amount they are asking is actually less than the last statement I had from HMRC not by much but the figures are not the same.

They list the usual threats advising legal proceedings ,

with the threat of a Distraint officer ? thrown in .

I do enjoy a battle with a DCA but Im not sure I have enough ammo to go into battle.

I live in N. Ireland so sometimes the laws/ rules vary .

The letter says that this is a crown debt and therefore a serious matter or words to that effect.

Is this all huff and puff ?

surely HMRC could of sent their officer ( if there is such a thing)

Im not afraid of a home visit I just like to know my rights.

I have sent the letter back ,

its addressed to MR shuffler ,

a title they feel they have the right to thrust upon me and which I have never claimed .

AFAIK there are no dca's/fake solicitors allowed to even instigate legal proceedings on a crown debt.

its taken from future benefits

certainly don't ever pay THEM.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks dx

I dont intend paying them , its not in my nature to pay DCAs, if it needs paying I go straight to the ringmaster bypassing the clowns. .

I dont even believe I owe it , my boss and I had an arrangement ( wink wink) but we got rumbled , he told me to register for self assesment in a fairly rapid manner

,About 2 weeks later he was told that I couldnt be classed as self employed and that he as the employer was responsible for deducting tax from wages.

However they still want tax returns for that year even though the amount due was calculated by them and paid by cheque .

Is the Distraint officer a lot of twaddle?

Edited by theshuffler
addition

Moved to HMRC, as it's not really a benefits issue so you should get more responses here.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.