Need to stop eBay!

Catwoman A
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3755 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Having recently started a business and been talked into looking into eBay more by a friend, I liked the sound of their £19.99 a month 'shop', which would allow us to display 200 items.

What they don't tell you is that as soon as you list your 1st 5 items, it will block you from listing any more until you ring a costly number to find out what other hoops you have to jump through to be able to list any more! Added to that, we only had 1 evening to list our items due to other commitments so we had settled down to doing this when we were blocked from adding more listings.

I straight away checked my emails but there was no message of explanation there so I used the virtual chat and found out that this is the norm if you're new and that the expensive line you need to ring is only open between 9 and 5pm. We were told this in the evening so could not list our products on the day we needed to.

I told them this was very close to mis-selling as these things were not mentioned when I agreed to a subscription. I told the lady that I would be cancelling my subscription immediately as we would not have agreed to go ahead with the subscription if we had known about the hidden parts!

Problem here is that I have since read that even if you cancel, they will still charge you the money for a month and then some! My question is:- after agreeing to use paypal to pay them, how do I stop them from taking the money without cancelling our business paypal account (it's used for our online private website)?

Please help! Thank you.

Edited by citizenB

Not much you can do to be honest.

You could remove all cards and bank details from your PayPal account so Ebay can’t take their payments but they’ll then send a mickey mouse debt collection agency after you to recover their fee’s.

They will suspend your ebay account but I don’t know whether they’ll also limit your PayPal account at the same time. But seeing as you want to keep your PayPal account in good standing you can’t really do this.

Have you spoken to ebay’s call centre in the Philippines or Ireland? Irish customer services are far more helpful.

I suspect that all of the details are told to you first bit hidden away in pages of small print t&c s if genuinely not then you could legally end contract at any time and not face anymore charges.