Playstation store

bluwind
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3739 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, a quick little background. I was sitting in the living room watching TV whilst one of the little ones mindlessly played with my playstation controller which they have brought downstairs. Little did i know that by repeatedly pressing X on the controller can result in a purchase being made. press it once and you turn the machine on, press it again and you log in, press it again and you log into the store, and a couple more presses and you buy what ever is on the first page. So we are talking about digital content (a movie) that has not been viewed on a playstation 3. the following in reverse order is my email conversation with Playstation support. i was just curious to peoples views. Oh and the amount is a nominal £11.99, its more the principle at this point. I have had trouble formatting it but the reply from Sony starts with Dear mrs * and ends with yours sincerly

Thank you for your most recent replyPlease forward this case to a manager who is authorised to issue refunds.As of 29th January 2014 I am still within my 14 day cooling off period. I have not viewed the content provided by Sony Entertainment.Contrary to SEN’s belief that a cooling off period does not apply; As of December 2013 a supplier of digital content must receive “explicit acknowledgement” from the customer to waive their right to a cooling off period at the time of sale. As I was not even present at the time of purchase I could not have given my consent – explicit or otherwise. It is my understanding that SEN is in the process of setting up procedures to request explicit consent but as of the date of purchase not implemented them. Some examples given are mandatory password verification or card signature strip verification. Simply attaching a link to extended terms and conditions does not constitute ‘explicit acknowledgement’. I believe I have been more than accommodating on my part by giving SEN the option of providing a refund by way of ‘store credit’ to my PSN account.

Dear Mrs *Thank you for your recent e-mail.Unfortunately SEN does not hold this information on record and cannot provide you with a detailed list as requested.For any further inquiries related to Sony Entertainment Network, please feel free to reply to this e-mail or contact us on 0844 369 0108 (Mon-Fri 8:00am-6:00pm).Yours sincerely,

Hello,As previously stated I consistently remove my payment details immediately following any purchase. Please can you provide me with a list of all times and dates when I have added or deleted card details from my account as I have spoken to fellow PSN users who believe past card details have been reactivated when registering for a PS4 machineThank you

Dear Mrs *Thank you for your recent e-mail.Please accept our apology for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.Please note that as you have seen in the section you have pasted in your previous email, we advise certain steps that you should follow to protect your account but eventually it is your choice to use it or not and if as a result of using the credit card by a child we did not mention that we do a refund in this specific case however we investigate if there was any fraud or suspicious actions on your account but in this particular case we are sorry to repeat that we cannot offer any refunds.For any further inquiries related to Sony Entertainment Network, please feel free to reply to this e-mail or contact us on 0844 369 0108 (Mon-Fri 8:00am-6:00pm).Yours sincerely,

Hello,Please try to avoid using phrases like "it will not be possible", following on from receiving this email from yourselves I went onto the knowledgebase on support.playstation.com in which you have a section entitled My child purchased something without my knowledge.Uh-oh, it looks like the kids have been spending mom or dad's hard-earned money without permission! We're happy to help you out with this issue; just follow these steps:1. To prevent this from happening in the future, you may want to consider removing your billing information, enabling a password at checkout from the PSN Store, or creating a Sub Account for your child.2. Now that you're aware of a few of the ways you can protect your account, please contact us so that we may investigate your issue further. As previously stated I make it common practise to remove my card details after each purchase, so I do not understand how the detail were present in the first place; unless it has something to do with me activating my PSN account on my PS4. Regarding point 2. It says you will investigate the matter further, what with you saying "it will not be possible" to refund a purchase made by a child can I ask if the result of every investigation results in a "it will not be possible" because this clearly makes the investigation pointless if refunds are "not possible" as you have stated. Can you confirm please if you have ever issued a refund based on a small child purchasing a product without there parents knowledge. Also It is worth reiterating that in response to your statement that "long as you made the purchase"; I did not make the purchase. My child made the purchase. Thank you

Dear Ms. *Thank you for contacting Sony Support. In regards to your query, please be advised that as long as you made the purchase, it will not be possible to remove refund back the charges. However, if you would like to remove your billing details, we can remove it for you. Thank you for your enquiry. Yours sincerely,

hello, thank you for your reply. the email connected to the sen account is ***thank you

Dear Ms *Thank you for contacting Sony support regarding your SEN account.In regards to your query, please reply back to this email providing email address associated to your SEN account for further assistance.For any further inquiries related to Sony Entertainment Network, please feel free to reply to this e-mail or contact us on 0844 369 0108 (Mon-Fri 8:00am-6:00pm).Yours sincerely,

Today I have noticed a debit to my account for a purchase that I have not made. it is for a movie called elysium, i can only assume it has been purchased by one of my young children (under 5's). although this is also confusing me as I always make a point of deleting my debit card details immediately after making a purchase, the last purchase I made was minecraft.please can someone look into this matter and look at crediting eithet my playstation account or my bank account with the debited amount.playstation account ***item:elysium (movie)

Edited by bluwind
formatting issues

In all honesty for the amount I would just let it go and enjoy Elysium.

I know of someone who did the same thing, well their son did multiple times and Sony didn’t want to know. You could go down the chargeback route but I’ve been told if you do that play station network will ban you and possibly your console from using online services.

At the end of the day you let your child play with your PS4 controller and the machine was left in a state where it was easy to make purchases without logging in. IMHO Sony is not the party at fault here.

• 3 weeks later...

@bluwind What was the result in the end? I'm struggling with something similar due to a purchase done in error here (for a game) that I have not downloaded. I'm only hitting walls from their customer service only giving me back the "Terms of Service" quotes instead of answering my real questions.