Beware Ladies Buying from Topps Tiles without a man present !

mellowfall
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3789 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

[beware ladies going into Topps without a man present and ordering tiles-adhesive-grout etc.

Because I didn't know how much of anything I needed (except the tiles ) they managed to sell me £93 worth of goods I didn't need. I know that had there been a man present this would never have happened. How unscrupulous is that ??

The tiler who did my kitchen said " By golly they saw you coming didn't they " --or words to that effect. Getting money refunded is not so easy as just the till receipt won't do. Not going to give up-----watch this space.

We would need to know the gist of the conversation when you bought the goods. did you ask what would be neded to tile a kitchen of a certain size for example or did you pile a load of stuff on a trolley and ask if this would be right for tiling a kitchen? What and how you asked is important as to whether you were missold the goods. ultimately, if it was along the lines of the former a complaint to head office about your treatment would be more productive than an argument about returning goods per se

ericsbrother in reply to your post.....if you had read my post carefully you would see that I knew how many tiles I needed for the job and relied on the assistants to help me with the rest of the stuff ( ie...grout and adhesive ). I am not in the habit of piling up a trolley and hoping for the best. Besides if I had done that I wouldn't have a leg to stand on and the fault would be entirely mine.

I have since been contacted by Topps to say that my money will be refunded in about ten working days as Head Office have a history of dragging things out.......I don't think your idea of contacting them is going to work any quicker. I am patient and will wait to see what happens before I take this complaint any further.

Hi DD

Many thanks for your interest and for reading my post carefully, and also for your welcome to CAG.

As you can see from my post to ericsbrother hopefully my issue with Topps is looking like it will be resolved.

I am not in the habit of piling up trolleys and hoping for the best, I always hope that people are genuine enough to give real help and not make you feel stupid when you realise you have been taken in. The one thing I do know is the shame is with them and not me.

M

I didnt say that you had piled the trolley and hoped for the best, I asked how the conversation went as knowing that places the onus on one party or the other. Asking "how much" of something is different from asking "is this enough". An incorrect answer to the former is deceptive if from someone who is employed to know but an answer of "yes" to the second doesnt allow for there being too much unless the question and answer are further qualified. I wasnt trying to suggest that you are stupid or careless in your purchasing just suggesting at what level in the Topps empire you should pitch your complaint to get the best result.

Glad that progress is being made.