MBNA Credit Card now with Idem

suzikins
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3751 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

All creditors were written to by letter dated 21.08.06, to inform them of financial difficulties.

I enclosed £1 token payment and cont’d to pay this for some months until payments increased.

The original payments amounted to £500-£550 per month.

I am still currently making reduced payments as below.

I am unsure where I stand and what I can do, if anything,

and do not want to open a can of worms as I have been off work with bereavement/stress/anxiety

and as a result I am now unemployed.

thanks for reading, and for any advice.

MBNA Credit card - now with IDEM Servicing

Showing on Equifax file as Credit Card from Idem Capital Securities (I)

(with different ref from MBNA card) with AP’s from Jan 2010-Sept 2012 and as ‘up to date’ since then

balance £866.66

I pay £20.00 per month

I have statements from MBNA dated June, Oct & Nov 06 showing PP Cover.

Also statements from Oct & Nov 06, Jan & Feb 07 showing late fees and overlimit fees, £12 for each, each time.

as with the others CCA request time.

as for the PPI

get reclaiming

see the PPI forum.

or links below

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 5 weeks later...

CCA r'cd from Idem today - (also posted on MBNA forum) personally i think it looks slightly suspect around the PPI tick box area.

Edited by suzikins
re-adding attachment after removal of personal info

urm..

page 6

£0.00 default fees level

somethings not right there

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

urm..

page 6

£0.00 default fees level

somethings not right there

didn't even notice that - I have statements showing that I was charged over limit and late fees of £12 each, each time. I have also put this on the PPI forum. To me, it looks like the PPI part may have been tampered with.

I have the same copies from Idem re MBNA accounts. I had two accounts with MBNA (one MBNA and one Virgin). Mine also differ slightly with respect to default charges and Apr.

MBNA

old default amount £25

new default amount £0

Old Apr 15.9%

New Apr 34.9%

Virgin

old default amount £12

new default amount £0

Old Apr 15.9%

New Apr 29.9%

My accounts have been on an arrangement to pay with 0% interest since early 2009. I am assuming the documents with the zero default amount are new PT but not sure if this is acceptable to change this information. As far as I am aware the creditor has the right to amend the Apr and charges etc, hence why they have sent the two copies of PT??

Have your accounts been defaulted?

On my CCA in the default charge section it states "we will add these directly to your account. We may change the amount of these defaults charges by giving you notice under paragraph 11a"

I guess they can change them to £0 if they want but it does seem strange.

My accounts have been on an arrangement to pay with 0% interest

Have your accounts been defaulted?

I am on an AP too, the account didn't default though. did you check the PPI part on yours, as I think mine looks like it's been tampered with.

I have also looked at my MBNA T&C's and the fees are £0 . However minimum repayment was £25 or 1% whichever was the greater. My last communication was with Moorgate Oct13 when they sent it back to Arrow.

Having said that all they provided me was a signature from an application form and terms and conditions

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

My first account doesn't look like it ever had a tick box for PPI. The second was an online application but the tick box is empty. TBH I never took out any insurance on all my later finance as they cant take off you what you have got!!

I have sent a letter to MBNA to express my concerns over the use of AP markers over defaults. As far as I am aware the ICO only deem it acceptable to use AP for a max of 6 months to bring arrears up to date. If the account is not brought up to date then a default should be applied.

As it stands my AP/DM markers for these accounts will not fall off my CRA until April 2018. If a default had been applied they would be dropping off no later than July 2015 (6 years + 6 months from AR agreement) so the AP markers will stay for and extra 3 years+. The ICO considers this unfair practice as customers paying off their debts should not be at a disadvantage to a customer who has made no attempt to clear the debt.

Let me know how you get on with the legality of the docs etc. I will let you know if I get a response from MBNA re AP markers

I would think that if your statements are showing PPI payments then they can be reclaimed. I will be doing a SAR for Lloyds Bank next week which should hopefully show if I ever had PPI and unfair charges etc on any of my accounts. I hoping to claim these back which will go towards settlement offers on the enforceable accounts.

It may be worth doing this for MBNA??