Barclays Bank Loan

suzikins
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3523 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

All creditors were written to by letter dated 21.08.06, to inform them of financial difficulties.

I enclosed £1 token payment and cont’d to pay this for some months until payments increased.

The original payments amounted to £500-£550 per month.

I am still currently making all reduced payments as below.

I would like to resolve all this but,

as I have not had any statements etc from and have still been paying them,

I am unsure where I stand and what I can do, if anything,

and do not want to open a can of worms as I have been off work with bereavement/stress/anxiety

and as a result I am now unemployed.

As such I am doubting my ability to deal with all these debts.

Any help appreciated. thank you.

Barclays Bank - Chelmer Collections (a DCA owned & operated by Barclays)

Loan

Not showing on Equifax file

Balance outstanding was £1930.09 on 25.01.07

I am paying £5.01

I have not heard from them [CC] since 25.01.07 this is the last letter in my file,

but I have been paying Debt Matters since 20.07.07?

Last contact from Barclays was Default Notice dated 10.01.07

I have the original Default Notice stating “daily interest charges of £0.77 will continue to accrue (assuming no change in the interest rate) from the date shown below [10.01.07] until full repayment is made.”

are you saying you are in a fee paying DMP?

if so dump them.

get that cca request off

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

good as Debt Matters are now Harrington brook DMP people.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As DX says, send off a CCA request to the lender asap.

If you have continued to pay monthly up to now, you're entitled to a statement of a/c for the period when you last had one, up to present. Ask for this from whoever you are paying.

If you're paying Debt Matters, aren't they a Debt Mgt Company who I assume will be taking a cut of what you pay each month.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

As DX says, send off a CCA request to the lender asap.

If you have continued to pay monthly up to now, you're entitled to a statement of a/c for the period when you last had one, up to present. Ask for this from whoever you are paying.

If you're paying Debt Matters, aren't they a Debt Mgt Company who I assume will be taking a cut of what you pay each month.

I have no idea why I'm paying Debt Matters, I have no letters from them on my file. I sent SAR to Barclays 23.01.14 and am sending CCA letter to them tomorrow. anyone who is involved with Debt Matters and reading this - payments I made were to the following sort code/acct no. 83 06 08 / 11462580 - any help with tracking them down appreciated. been trying to find their bank details online, no luck though.

Hi Suzikins,

The CCA request should go to whoever now owns the a/c.

Contact Debt Matters and ask for a summary of all amounts paid to them and a statement of account regarding the alleged debt.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

debt matters is Harrington brooks DMC

those details tally with the payment details of their RBS account there.

dx

and they

Hi Suzi,

The CCA request should go to the owner of the a/c. I thought HB are a debt mgt Co who will pass (some of) your payments to the current debt owner.

Your CRA file should show who owns the debt now and THAT is who the CCA should go to.

Not showing on Equifax file.

I never asked Debt Matters/HB to act for me re this debt,

I have no letters on file from them.

the last contact I have on file from a DCA is from Chelmer Collections (says on bottom of letter that this co. is owned and operated by Barclays)

letter dated 25.01.07.

I spoke to them on the phone on 02.02.07 and was advised to send income/expenditure - which I did in a letter dated 12.02.07,

sent to Chelmer at PO Box 362 Manchester M60 3PN

- which is/was the Barclays Consumer Finance address.

I then wrote to Chelmer again on 15.02.07 to say I could offer £5.01 per month.

I have had no contact that I can remember/have evidence of since then.

I'm still confused as to how Debt Matters is involved. Clearly there must be some reason you started paying them.

For now, send the CCA request to Chelmer Collections.

And send a letter to DM/HB asking them :-

1. To explain why they are taking your money.

2. What account this relates to.

3. To supply a full summary of the alleged debt when they took over, the amounts paid to them.

4. To supply a current statement of account.

I'm still confused as to how Debt Matters is involved.

For now, send the CCA request to Chelmer Collections.

And send a letter to DM/HB asking them :-

1. To explain why they are taking your money.

2. What account this relates to.

3. To supply a full summary of the alleged debt when they took over, the amounts paid to them.

4. To supply a current statement of account.

I'm confused too (doesn't take a lot though). CCA was already sent to DM/HB before I read other posts. will CCA Chelmer and see what happens and sort letter to DM/HB. thanks for all your help.

Contact Debt Matters and ask for a summary of all amounts paid to them and a statement of account regarding the alleged debt.

sent letter to Harrington Brooks re above as suggested

- they posted my letter back today and have written on the bottom that they have searched their systems and have

'been unable to locate' my account,

they kindly left their phone number for me to call back.

CCA'd HB,

Barclays/Chelmer Collections

- no replies to those letters yet.

think I'll leave this one until I hear from someone.

Hi Suzi,

Interesting way for HB to respond.

I suggest you write back confirming the monthly amount you paid, the sort code and a/c number. Tell them that you understand this is their a/c and, if they have been taking your money each month, you are entitled to know how/where they have allocated your payments since 2007.

I suggest you send this by RM Signed For Delivery.

If they are "unable to locate your account", I suggest they refund the money you've paid them over the years.

hey nice windfall coming!!

dx

and they

Hi Suzi,

Interesting way for HB to respond.

I suggest you write back confirming the monthly amount you paid, the sort code and a/c number. Tell them that you understand this is their a/c and, if they have been taking your money each month, you are entitled to know how/where they have allocated your payments since 2007.

I suggest you send this by RM Signed For Delivery.

If they are "unable to locate your account", I suggest they refund the money you've paid them over the years.

Surely they should have been able to identify me just by my name and address, if nothing else

- I have lived at the same address with the same tel and name for 17 years.

But should I wait for the reply to the SAR, from Barclays

- as there was some confusion over how/why I was paying Debt Matters/HB anyway???

although bank details of where I was paying showed these tallied with the payment details of their RBSlink3.gif account

[thanks to dx100uk ] as well as

'we have been unable to locate your account'

They did also write on the letter

'can you provide any further details'

They did also write on the letter 'can you provide any further details'

Ahaa, you didn't say that before !

Is there really any further info you can send them, like a payment ref. no. I don't think it is for you to tell them what bank or a/c this is supposed to relate to.

Ahaa, you didn't say that before !

Is there really any further info you can send them, like a payment ref. no. I don't think it is for you to tell them what bank or a/c this is supposed to relate to.

I quoted the Barclays Loan ref no. on the CCA request (didn't mention Barclays),

but they've not replied to that yet

- although it was only sent beginning of last week.

surely they should at least have my address details in some data base

- how would they know who to write to if the payments stopped

- which they did as of this month?

The only ref I have on the payment from my bank is my surname.

Maybe i'll write back to them then, giving ref/dates paid and amount.

thanks for your help. this one just gets more curious!!!

Hi Suzi,

In my post above I was only referring to the scribbled reply from HB, nothing to do with the CCA request.

If you have been paying HB all this time, they need to account for how they've allocated all payments, or pay you the money back.

Hi Suzi,

If you have been paying HB all this time, they need to account for how they've allocated all payments, or pay you the money back.

thanks slick132 - I have written to them again (signed for) - I scribbled my reply as they did theirs, on a copy of my letter/with their scribbled reply on - giving them more info. I'm almost enjoying this!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm losing the plot with all these debts.

r'cd from Debt Managers (?) today who tell me I have missed a payment

- never heard of this company before.

Apparently my account balance is £1877+ (amount due to Barclays)

means that despite paying £5.01 per month for many many years,

I have in fact only paid about £7.50 off the balance EACH YEAR.

I have asked for a summary of all amounts paid to them

and a statement of account regarding the alleged debt, a

s well as details of the account no/sort code that payments were made to

- as details I put up here #6 were shown to be Debt Matters / Harrington Brooks

and they have not replied to 2 letters and 2 emails regarding these payments and my requests for details from them also.

Still awaiting SAR from Barclays who have acknowledged my complaint

re them requesting a fee of £10 for my SAR

- they received my letter/request but apparently not the P.O.,

which was in the same envelope?

40 days up early next week.

oh, and Debt Managers have said that 'doorstep agents may be instructed to call at your address

to collect the full amount' - I might hear them knocking, but they can't come in

Right, so this bunch is Debt Managers as opposed to Debt Matters who were taken over by Harrington Brooks.

I'd write to Debt Mngrs and say you have no idea who they are and owe them nothing. Perhaps they'll reply with an explanation.

Otherwise wait for the SAR response and a reply from DM/HB about the statement of a/c, etc.

• 7 months later...

how is this going?

and they