living in NZ, with u.k unsecured debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3768 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Moved to NZ at end of 2008, left behind an unsecured ( credit card debt of 3.5k sterling).

Need to return/visit to U.K middle of this year for family issues .

Does anyone have any answers as to what I can expect when re entering the U.K?

Really need some advice .thanks

Nothing. Debt isnt a crime and its likely been sold to a DCA who cant even find you, and if they did they cant do much.

Focus on your family and dont give this debt a second thought.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.. Is it likely that a CCJ been issued against me?I didnt inform company that I was leaving the U.K I know my parents opened mail back when I first came across, but not since.

Just have too see my family but having sleepless nights about going through the airport and finding a welcoming committee just for ME.

Or am I thinking of too much Big Brother

Again

Thanks

Does anyone have any answers as to what I can expect when re entering the U.K?

Cold, wet weather, good fish and chips and a decent pint of beer.

Whether or not you have a shonky CCJ registered against you makes not the slightest bit of difference to your visit.

As opposed to deliberate fraud, simple consumer debt is NOT a crime and doesn't impact on your ability to enter and leave the UK at will. (The only exception to this would involve undischarged bankruptcy but this has nothing to do with this thread)

As I've pointed out in the past, if travellers with debt, credit card defaults and CCJs were stopped at the border, the entire UK travel industry would crumble and countless detention centres would be needed to house all those holiday makers who weren't allowed back into the UK after their fortnight in the sun.

You don't say when you last made a payment but I assume it was prior to leaving the UK in late 2008? If so, by the time of your planned trip in mid-2014, the debt is on the verge of being stat barred anyway.

Adding to the first reply, this debt of just 3,500 GBP is chicken feed to the bank and thus not worth chasing. Worst you can expect if and when any desperate DCA ever finds you is a half-hearted phone call which you will ignore.

Enjoy your trip.