My friend was diagnosed wrong at hospital

sash knighton
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3774 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi CaggersI have a little enquiry bout my friend.November last year my friend was in the kitchen slipped over and landed on her back, and it was only a few hours later she felt lots of pain and discomfort in her neck.

She was taken to A & E by her husband, after a long wait she finally manged to get seen by someone. She told the doctor what happened and how bad her neck felt now.

He said that she had done some musculer damage, my friend decided to get a second oppinion and the other doctor said the same. My friends wanted an x-ray but the doctors declined as the said they only x-ray they would do is if the patiant has been in a car accident. (Which I dont understand as if you have hurt your neck in one way or another then surley its better to be safe than sorry).

The doctors gave her Diazapan and sent her on her way.Since then she has been back and forth to her doctors who put her on the right painkillers and to this day she is still in much pain.Then Last night she had a appointment at the hospital for a x-ray as her doctor wasn't happy that her neck was still hurting her.

The x-ray has shown up something not quite right in her neck and now she is waiting for the results.is there anything that can be done about the two doctors that originaly said it was musclur and deniied her of a x-ray, as she feels that she was not listned to.

She is worried that as she cant lift her neck in a normal position because of the pain that it maybe she might stay like that in the long term.

I mentioned that she might be able to claim some sort of composation for the misdiagnosies and the wrong painkillers (Diazapan)

Edited by citizenB

I HAVE FOLLOWED ALOT OF ADVICE FROM PEOPLE ON THIS SITE, AND IT MADE ME REALISE MY RIGHT AND WHAT I WAS DOING WRONG.......NOW I'M DOING IT RIGHT

I would wait for the results of the x-ray and then write to the the chairman of the hospital involved, I also wonder why her own GP did not refer her to x-ray sooner if she had been back and forth to them?

Be careful with Diazepam, it isn't a painkiller, more of a relaxant and is highly addictive.

I have a friend in a similar situation, she fell down the stairs, attended A&E and was diagnosed with a frozen shoulder, again no x-ray was offered. She was referred for physio which has caused her more pain. Last week she was sent for an x-ray by her GP and results show that her arm was broken! it has now knitted incorrectly resulting in possible surgical intervention.

She should follow the Hospitals complaints procedure, which will presumably include an independent Doctor reviewing her treatment. They could try phoning no win no fee Solicitors, but I am not sure they will be interested.

I hurt my neck in a sports accident along time ago and because of the severe pain I was in, I had an x-ray. But it did not show any injury that would require any operation. I was given a neck brace and some pain killers, without any follow up appointment. It was just a case of them telling me that I should see my GP, if there was a continuing pain after a couple of weeks.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Your friend did the right thing by going to A&E but I'm very surprised that an X-ray was not done at the same time to rule out any fracture especially as she landed on her back and suffered neck pain.

Basic analgesia with a stronger anti inflammatory medication, if there were no contraindications, would help with any muscular spasm. If the pain was more severe then introduce Diazepam short term possibly at night.

Your friend may need some physiotherapy.

I'm glad she has had an X-ray done now - await for the results and keep us posted.

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Hi AllJust a update!!!!My friend has now got her results back and it appears that she has a fracture in her neck.What advice can I give her from here?

I HAVE FOLLOWED ALOT OF ADVICE FROM PEOPLE ON THIS SITE, AND IT MADE ME REALISE MY RIGHT AND WHAT I WAS DOING WRONG.......NOW I'M DOING IT RIGHT

Ok - has she seen the consultant yet to discuss the results?I am presuming that this is a stable fracture that will heal rather than requiring a neck brace and limited movement - am I right or wrong?If she had an X-ray in A&E at the begining would this/should this have made any difference to her treatment now?What was the medical reason for not doing an X-ray on a patient with a history of a fall onto her back with associated neck pain?

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!