Is a landlord witness statement invalid if the landlord signature is different from contract?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3783 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

My tenant has made a claim against me for harassment a few weeks ago.

As a defence to his claim, I made a counterclaim providing a witness statement but the tenant is now asking the court to consider my witness statement as invalid since my signature on this last is not the same than on the tenancy agreement signed.

Many thanks,

Not if both signatures were duly witnessed. There was a similar claim from a T on either CAG or LLZ suggesting one or t'other was signed by friend of LL, who was not present. Signatures vary, IMO Judge could ask you to provide a signature in Court so he can make his own determination, or ask for a Stat Dec made and witnessed by a Solicitor. I would ask a Solic to witness your new signature as a Stat Dec and provide to Court. Cost £5-£10 for Stat Dec.

Judge may well appreciate a lack of delay & loss of Court time to reach a decision.

Not if both signatures were duly witnessed.

I am not sure to understand : tenant said he was not present when I signed the tenancy agreement.

There was a similar claim from a T on either CAG or LLZ suggesting one or t'other was signed by friend of LL, who was not present. Signatures vary, IMO Judge could ask you to provide a signature in Court so he can make his own determination, or ask for a Stat Dec made and witnessed by a Solicitor. I would ask a Solic to witness your new signature as a Stat Dec and provide to Court. Cost £5-£10 for Stat Dec.

Judge may well appreciate a lack of delay & loss of Court time to reach a decision.

What about the previous signature since the claimant is requesting that I reproduce (the signature on the tenancy agreement) it?

What is an IMO Judge (the case is at a county court)?

IMO = in my opinion. Nothing to do with a type of CC Judge.

Even though T wasn't present to see you sign AST, did anyone else witness your signature? Most contracts require participant signatures witnessed by an uninvolved person who also signs and dates the signature block alongside ' Witnessed by .........'