O2 and default registered on credit file

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3781 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In February 2012 I rang O2 to close my account as I had a business phone and no longer required two mobile phones.

I was paying my bills manually and there were no outstanding bills on that date that I called to cancel my contract.

I was not informed of any final bills during this phone call and none were sent to me at my home address.

In Sept 2012 I received a letter from Westcot debt collection regarding an outstanding amount owed to O2 of just under £47. I rang O2 to confirm this was true and subsequently paid the amount.

In February 2013 I checked my credit file to notice a default had been registered on my account in August 2012.

I have had several conversations over the last year with the credit referral team and customer services but have found them thoroughly un-helpful.

Why I was not written to between Feb and Aug 2012 to notify of the debt and intention to record a default is beyond me as I would have paid upon notification. Apparently everything was posted to my O2 online account which as I was no longer an O2 customer I had no need to log into.

I had been a customer for almost 10 years without a problem and my wife is still a customer but am seriously considering moving her to another company as this default is affecting our ability to obtain credit.

I am sending an SAR to fully review the particulars of this situation.

Any help would much appreciated.

hi welcome to CAG

sadly we see a lot of this

whereby a 'gadget' debt

fouls up someone future

it is really unfair

mobile phone companies should not have this kinf of powers available to them.

we have seen worth

in writing a polite letter to the CEO of o2

requesting it s removal as its preventing a mortgage

we have also heard that many of the mortgage companies now

don't mind a mobile default.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...