Ascent Contact

early-riser
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3798 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I currently have mortgage arrears and have a court order for suspension of eviction in place where i have to pay extra each month. In December my payment was a bit late but it has been made, I have received a letter, dated 24.12.2013, from my mortgage company that they have passed my details to a company called Ascent Contact.

This company have now visited my home and left a letter asking me to contact them to "discuss my arrears". the letter states there is a charge of £70+vat if I meet them, if i refuse to meet them a charge of £40+vat will be debited to my loan to cover the costs involved in offering this service, at which point the mortgage company will have little alternative but to progress legal action!!

On the letter it says "At the meeting we will discuss your current financial position and, hopefully, be able to put in place affordable payment proposals with the lender based on your circumstances. This is an excellent opportunity for you to find out what solutions are available to assist you".

I don't know what to do about this as I feel i've been to court and given them all my I&E details and feel that there is some sort of ulterior motive on the part of the mortgage company.

Any advice will be gratefully received