Using Social Media To Trace You

fkofilee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3811 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think there were reports a while ago of a few DCA's doing that, but they were never fully confirmed. Besides, on sites like facebook, just lock your account down fully

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

It certainly happens. As renegadeimp mentions you should ensure that you have satisfactory security settings on your facebook and also ensure that other sites (e.g. twitter) do not identify you if you don't want it to. Oh, and perhaps keep your location tags turned off.

On my facebook account, only friends can see my stuff. If you were to try and find me through searching, it would be almost impossible. The name on FB is my nickname known only to my friends, you wouldnt see a profile pic or any posts unless you were one of my friends. You dont even see an invite button, so unless i want you on my facebook, you wont get to be there.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

It does make me wonder about it though. I have a unique name that i know of o 2 other people in the country who have it in the way i do... So tracing isnt hard/... :sigh:

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Mis-tracing is even easier!http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-484772/Grandmother-terrorised-death-bank-wrongly-hounded-16-000.html

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thats disgusting... You take your own life because of someone elses debts. I want to say something but it the only way i can think of saying it makes me sound like a Heartless B******

She wasnt informed fully of her rights against these companies, it only really came to light after too late.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Rule number 1 of the internet. NEVER use your real name or info. If you have to put info on facebook, make it up. Say you are in LA or something.

Rule number 1 of the internet. NEVER use your real name or info. If you have to put info on facebook, make it up. Say you are in LA or something.

But where would the fun be in that?

I actively encourage DCA's to contact me, just so I can bait them...:boxing:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Ive got arrow/restons after me for 2 debts that have been SB since at least 2003/2004. Planning on having fun with them.

Oh Renegade! :) You do brighten up my day.

This whole dealing with Debts is getting me down... Ive booked some time this coming Monday to see the doctor...

I asked this question because i want a quiet life dealing with DCAs... I want to fight them and get this sorted and actually work out what IS Owed but i dont want them harassing me even with one letter (Unless its something i request of course)

Plus the fact on dealing with Sharkleys and RBSGroup is putting me under...

Edited by fkofilee

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

God forgive me for linking to a fascist rag but 'twas they who I remember reporting on our beloved fos taking a dim view of DCAs snooping into people's social media accounts

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2050878

I bet there are widespread attempts to hoover up nuggets of info from f b etc though, of course, we never get told.

You are a terror. lol..

Did i mention that they were defaulted and closed for around 300 quid or so, and arrow are now claiming close to 2k for each? ;)