USC aka Republic refusing to refund

captainsam
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3792 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently took a shopping trip to USC (aka collapsed Republic, recently bought out by sports direct) on boxing day.

I spent roughly £100 on my debit card and bought a number of items. One of which is a Police brand body warmer. I bought it out today to wear it and basically found that two of the buttons were broken and had come off. They are the push in button type similar to here (can't post images need 10 posts just copy and paste please)

p.globalsources.com/IMAGES/PDT/B1051895309/Snap-Button-Push-Metal-Snap-Prong-Snap-Spring-Snap-Button-Spring-Fastener.jpg

It's clear these were broken before purchase as both ends are stuck together. Anyway, they are refusing to refund me apparently because it's their policy, but agreed to give me a credit note. However, I argued that if they cannot provide me with the product I want / direct replacement that I am entitled to a refund. Basically manager told me where to go and outright refused :mad2:

Am I missing something here? Isn't this against my statutory rights????

Hi captain

Welcome to CAG

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint mark it as such, explain whats happened, how you've been let down and what you want them to do.

http://sogahub.tradingstandards.gov.uk/sogaataglance

Send it to :

Sports Direct

Mr Dave ForseyChief Executive

Dave.Forsey@sportsdirect.com

They are obliged to refund you via the method you paid with so a recharge to your debit card. Even if they were marked down because of a defect they still have to be of merchantable quality and fit for purpose and it clearly isnt. tell them that this is the wording of the Sale of Goods Act and if the manager doesnt belive that he is obliged to obey the law of the land then could he please explain in writing why only he is exempt from this? Inform said manager that you will be taking the matter to a higher authority and that they will be the subject of a written complaint to Trading Standards for the above reasons and that any furhter prevarication will result in a claim for costs as well.

• 2 weeks later...