My employer owes me holiday pay

sirbobalot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3810 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Just after a bit of advice, I informed my employer that I would not be returning to work following maternity leave. I received my P45 which did not include any holiday pay. I contacted ACAS who said that yes, you continue to accrue holiday whilst on maternity leave and to contact my employer and request that the pay me for this.

I spent 3 weeks on the phone everyday to my manager, HR department, payroll department kept getting passed around from pillar to post, to find out I am owed 73 hours holiday pay, but they haven't paid it me. I sent a letter over a week ago saying I wanted confirming the date when this would be paid or I would be taking it to a tribunal, I gave them 7 days, no response, no pay, and the december pay date has been and gone.

Only thing is I really don't have the £160 fee to file a claim, and I highly doubt I would qualify for remission, only option I have really is to put this on a credit card, unless any one knows of anything else I can do?

Thanks

Employment Tribunal claim or county court claim? For unpaid wages claims you can use either. CC is cheaper.

Assuming the amount is less than 10k the CC will charge an issue fee from £25 depending on the amount. If the case is contested you will also need to pay a £40 allocation fee and a hearing fee - see http://www.kentfms.co.uk/upload/EX50.pdf.

Remember that your employer does not have to give you a reference. If you sue them they probably won't give you one. It is better to try and push them firmly first. See if you can get to speak to someone high-up in the organization who can make things happen without needing to pass you around.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS