Legalcare or Aska Professional Ltd file court claim **Claim Dismissed + Wasted Costs Order**

Eversir
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3352 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just add your Witness Statement later in proceedings.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Eversir and wait a couple of days to see if anything arrives from them.

They may simply rely on their WS later, or look to resolve the claim at Mediation.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks Slick. It will be interesting to say the least - they haven't provided any evidence to support what they are claiming.

If they try and serve documents at a later date, could it be ignored by the court or is that a rare occurance? :)

Also interesting to note the "main" thread has gone quiet since they started court proceedings, wonder how other people are getting on...

Edited by Eversir
Spelling

If they fail to submit any evidence documents by [or maybe shortly after] the deadline, they cannot rely on such documents later.

However, they may simply rely on a WS which they can submit later [by the next deadline] and send Counsel to argue the case on the day in court.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Just spoke to the court as I wanted to check if Aska had filed any documents.

Have just been told that an amended order will be sent out shortly; the previous order that stated parties exchange documents upon which they intend to rely (by 30th April 2014) was apparently incorrect and should have read "14 days before the hearing". Of course that now means that the Claimant will have had advanced viewing of all my documents by almost 2 months!

Not very happy about this, is there anything that can be done?

I shouldn't think it would have any great effect or advantage to the claimant Eversir.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Just spoke to the court as I wanted to check if Aska had filed any documents.

Have just been told that an amended order will be sent out shortly; the previous order that stated parties exchange documents upon which they intend to rely (by 30th April 2014) was apparently incorrect and should have read "14 days before the hearing". Of course that now means that the Claimant will have had advanced viewing of all my documents by almost 2 months!

Not very happy about this, is there anything that can be done?

Means nothing.

Disclosure isn't something you hide. You should have an open approach to disclosure.

Means nothing.

Disclosure isn't something you hide. You should have an open approach to disclosure.

Yes I agree ..all claimants should:wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Eversir, I just popped by to see what was happening here, agree things very quiet on the main thread

I haven´t heard a pip squeak since I emailed them to say I considered the matter closed 2 months ago

Anyway I waned to drop a note of encouragement to you

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, just saw both Liam's and Laura's post!

Thanks you two - really not a lot left to do until the 30th June when I file my witness statement. Focusing on my uni work for now however :)

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be possible to PM one of the team my witness statement draft for a quick review please?

Think I've got it sorted but this isn't quite my field of expertise. Don't want to end up making any glaring mistakes and whatnot! :)

Hi Eversir,

PM it to me if you wish and I'll seek comments from those on the Site Team who are best qualified to offer advice.

The Site Team has seen your WS.

I hope that you will post it up one the forum when you are ready.

It seems to be a model of good drafting.

I'd be very interested to know if there is any attempt by them to withdraw their claim. Under certain circumstances you don't have have to and in those circumstances you aren't at risk of costs.

Hi BankFodder,

Thanks to both you and the rest of the team for checking this over - greatly appreciated! :)

Will pop up witness statement in the next few days, just going to sleep on it for a bit and revisit to see if I've missed anything. Will redact personal details from it also.

I've not had any contact with the Claimant since mediation. Interestingly they never sent through any documented evidence when ordered to do so back in April, although obviously we now realise that date was a mistake of the court. Wouldn't be surpised if they allow it to continue but ask the court to make a decision in their absence - really just to cause as much inconvenience to myself as possible. Will keep you posted with any developments either way.

Edited by Eversir
Spelling

Hi Eversir,

Two points have been mentioned for your consideration.

1. I suggested mention could be made of the case of The OFT v AMSL in 2011, where High Court Judge Mr Justice Kitchin confirmed that notice of intention to cancel an agreement could be made in several ways including cancelling the payment DD mandate.

2. Site Team Steampowered said -

Generally it looks excellent.

The only thought I have is that he should add more detail about how, exactly, he cancelled. This is the crux of the whole dispute so it is important to cover in detail. The description of cancellation assumes that the judge is familiar with how paypalicon works ... if he isn't I think there is a risk that the reference to 'stopping payment' could be taken the wrong way. Describing how the cancellation process and saying things like LegalCare would have been informed of the cancellation by paypal will help the judge. I would split para 12 into two separate paragraphs.

He does need to include in the bundle the various documents he is referring to in his witness statement, but it looks like he is doing that already.

I agree AMSL should be mentioned (and a copy of the judgment in the bundle) but does not necessarily have to be mentioned in the WS.

Post up the WS when you're happy with it.

Hi Slick132/Steampowered,

Thank you for those suggestions. The only thing I'm a little uncertain of is perhaps where to mention the AMSL case.

Would it be best practice to mention this aspect at the end of my WS, or should I slip in an additional paragraph after mentioning the Paypal cancellation?

I think it would go next to the bit about cancellation. You could have one paragraph explaining exactly how you cancelled and how they would have been notified of your cancellation, followed by a short paragraph briefly referring to the relevance of the AMSL case.

The point about the AMSL case is that unreasonable limitations on how notice of cancellation must be given are unfair terms contrary to the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 and hence unenforceable about consumers. It is worth reading the judgment at http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Ch/2011/1237.html. I wouldn't try to get too clever with it, but worth having in the bundle and referring to.

Have also obtained confirmation from PayPal regarding the notification of a cancelled subscription, just to avoid any ambiguity. Will be including this email in my bundle :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51734[/ATTACH]

Edit: not sure why the jpg has been downsized like that but it should be readable. Anyway, I asked: "Please can you confirm if a seller is automatically notified by PayPal when a buyer cancels a PayPal subscription?"

PayPal responded "If a subscription is canceled the merchant will be notified that a subscription is canceled from a specific customer."

• 2 weeks later...

Do you know if the Court have received anything ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D