Sky Mis-Selling

Oakbark
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3705 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Am looking for some advice.

In August of this year, a door to door sky agent came to my house. I told him I was with Virgin and tied into a contract, with 6 months left. He told me that Sky could buy out the remainder of the contract. The whole package was the same as Virgin and half the price. I took it. I clarified with him that Sky would take care of the whole thing and I did not need to cancel Virgin or contact them, they would arrange collection of their box etc at a later date. There was no way I would have taken the Sky offer without them promising to buy the contract out as I knew I was tied in and there were charges.

Services started on 15th September, I paid Virgin for September to ensure that I had TV Broadband etc. I have now been billed by virgin for services for last three months. I obviously contacted Sky and as a result they have offered this solution. I can cancel Sky with no charges and carry on with Virgin paying them in full. Alternatively I can pay Virgin in full cancel and carry on with Sky!! Either way I will be significantly out of pocket.

What makes me angry is that I only took the offer up because of what the salesman said. Sky said because it was done in person they can't investigate the sale further as no phone recording etc.

I am at a loss of how to proceed or what to do next.

Hi and welcome to CAG

Unless you have everything in writing then the agent could easily say that he never said these things.

I am assuming this guy is a self employed agent and was not getting his commission.

The only thing I can suggest is a written complaint to Sky and hope they assist.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Agree with silverfox or even email jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com with your complaint

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

I can cancel Sky with no charges and carry on with Virgin paying them in full. Alternatively I can pay Virgin in full cancel and carry on with Sky!! Either way I will be significantly out of pocket.

If Sky are allowing you to cancel with no charges, how are you out of pocket?.

You are paying Virgin what you were originally committed to to do so, and are no worse off. Admittedly you don't have the great bargain you hoped for that was promised by someone just out for their commission, but without the proof they offered you that you've done well for Sky to let you off the hook!

• 3 months later...

Door knockers will tell gullible people anything to get you to sign, more signatures means more commission they earn.

Take the offer from Sky and stay with Virgin if your happy with them.