Lloyds have submitted defence to claim

biscuit
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6589 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

your next step will be to wait.......most often they will settle before the court date...but be prepared for the fact that you may have to go to court.....so spend this time reading up on case notes etc....and prepare evidence for it......and wait on your postie !!

• Confused 1

IF YOU FEEL I HAVE HELPED YOU IN REPLYING TO YOUR POST, CAN YOU CLICK ON THE SCALES AND LET ME KNOW

Halifax - Total £2116 - Plus approx £300 in interest plus fees for 3 small claims...settled all within 3 weeks of claim.....Now for the mortgage.....

Clydesdale Bank - Credit Card - Sent Data Protection Act - Awaiting statements

Clydesdale Bank - Current Account - Awaiting statements

Me personally, I have sent them a reply to advise that I will accept the offer- full court costs, charges for last 6 years + interest- but will not adhere to any of the conditions they set out.

They have submitted the defence because they have to by 17.04.06 but hope that they settle before I have to attend court but will appear if I have to.

If all these Banks decide to defend claims are there even enough courts in the country or time in the day to hear every single one?

How stupid do they think we are eh?

Don't worry....I'm sure a big fat cheque will land on your doorstep very soon!

Keep the faith!

I spoke to Lloyds Solicitors yesterday, regarding their settlement offered on 12th April and why haven't they or the Bank replied saying when the refund will enter the account. They said that they ( the Solicitors ) were very busy with other matters as well as ours ( I bet ). But they promised to look into it.

Lo and behold a letter arrived today, stating that part of the condition was a financial review ( which we welcome as I wish to discuss further charges ) and they noted that we hadn't undertaken this part of the agreement. In fact, our local financial advisor contacted us a week and a half ago to arrange an appointment. We couldn't do it last week because we would have had to have taken the kids with us ( not conducive to discussions ) and he was on holiday this week! So we intend to discuss it next week when an appointment is made.

However, the solicitor's letter stated that the refund will occur within seven working days ( No shocks there, they can take it within a day, but to give it back takes seven, presumably this lends credence to Automated Deduction as Oppposed to Manual Intervention for a refund ). The letter is dated yesterday's date so I will arrange an interview for thursday of next week to allow time for the refund , or we will have another topic to discuss!

I am presuming that the letter is in effect a form of contract between the Bank/ Solicitor and us and failure to perform the required action constitutes a breach?

What do y'all think?....:)

all ideas and information exchanged willingly, bounce the ideas around,it helps everyone at the end of the day, good luck to you all and God Bless...LoL Graham & Yvonne

By the by, I sent in the Allocation Questionnaire to the court requesting a 28 day stay pending clarification of the settlement, I thought that would be best, who knows, I'm not expected to be a legal genius by the Small Claims Court, the Judge is there to interpret for me as long as I present my case rationally with all the facts that I am aware of. Thereafter, the Bank and the Solicitors can explain their tardiness, I just present it to him and he'll decide. I didn't want the matter being "struck out" because I didn't do my part by filing the AQ or notifying the Court. I certainly wasn't going to notify the court that everything was "Hunky Dory" when they seemed to be stalling....

all ideas and information exchanged willingly, bounce the ideas around,it helps everyone at the end of the day, good luck to you all and God Bless...LoL Graham & Yvonne

im only a few days behind recieved Allocation Questionnaire to day will fill out over the week end by the way are they being delt with by martineu johnson (HL) and i wonder if are defences are the same (pm me for detail swaping)

Full amount received into bank account today ( hoorah) am enjoying full use of it. Account review next week ( double hoorah, much to discuss ) O/D still in place, still have 3 in 1 Cards as opposed to 2 in 1. God help the poor B*st*rd that turns up for the Account review next week. By Christ do I have a suprise for him.....

Will keep you informed

At the moment I'm like a Dog with two D*cks.....:) :) :)

Congratulations!

Are you able to say whether or not there were any conditions other than a review?

Hope you enjoy your new appendage...

All the best,

Regards,

Bean

Lloyds TSB - 27/11/06 - £6377 paidrest with FOS

SETTLED

Cap One - 6/10/06 - £875

Lloyds TSB (MC) - 20/10/06 (BY DEF) £372

Hitachi Cap - Nov. 06 - £207

Citi Cards - 28/12//06 - £220

Monument - 23/1/07 - £889

Barclaycard (Mrs. Bean) - 19/2/07 £376

Opinions / advice of Bean are independent, informal, without prejudice, without liability, not CAG endorsed. If in doubt, ask a qualified professional.

Don't worry - same here!

It is getting v. exciting now - Have got all the info together and just waiting on the court date - is it wrong to actually be looking forward to it? :)

Not at all - this could create a landslide if they actually attempt to defend with the defence that they have put forward for others.

If are you registered with the 'buddy' system? - if they actually do defend, I'd like to come along.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

• 2 weeks later...
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6589 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks