hi im new can someone help with possible reclaiming erc fee from first national

boots1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6433 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i have never posted on this site before i am normally just a lurker on mse,from reading some of the posts here i wonder if someone could tell me whether i have a possible claim with first national for the ERC charged when i redeemed my mortgage.i took out a motgage for approx £36500 with two year fixed period over 25 years .i was only 20 at the time and my job changed so had to take pay cut which got me into some financial difficulties,i never missed any bill payments including mortgage but i made a decision to move back in with my oarents before things got any worse,i received quite a healthy profit from the sale but because i was redeeming mortgage 5 months before fixed term expired was charged in the region of £1200 plus additional admin fees does this warrant a claim or do i have to just accept this money as an unlucky loss?

if anyone thinks it is possible for me to claim can some advise me how to proceed and what fees are likely to be incurred by me for pursuing this matter further

thanks in advance boots

ps i hope i have posted this correctly if not can someone please move it to correct place

thanks again

hi i have never posted on this site before i am normally just a lurker on mse,from reading some of the posts here i wonder if someone could tell me whether i have a possible claim with first national for the ERC charged when i redeemed my mortgage.i took out a motgage for approx £36500 with two year fixed period over 25 years .i was only 20 at the time and my job changed so had to take pay cut which got me into some financial difficulties,i never missed any bill payments including mortgage but i made a decision to move back in with my oarents before things got any worse,i received quite a healthy profit from the sale but because i was redeeming mortgage 5 months before fixed term expired was charged in the region of £1200 plus additional admin fees does this warrant a claim or do i have to just accept this money as an unlucky loss?

if anyone thinks it is possible for me to claim can some advise me how to proceed and what fees are likely to be incurred by me for pursuing this matter further

thanks in advance boots

ps i hope i have posted this correctly if not can someone please move it to correct place

thanks again

Hi ,

How long ago was this ERC paid?

• Confused 1

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

hi

i don't have it sorry , just going from memory,is it possible to contact first national to get this information ? I shredded all of my information re this mortgage when i purchased my new property ,with different company ,then i discovered this site and mse and realised i have probably lost quite a bit of cash over the years by not being clued up on the money front .

thanks

hi

i don't have it sorry , just going from memory,is it possible to contact first national to get this information ? I shredded all of my information re this mortgage when i purchased my new property ,with different company ,then i discovered this site and mse and realised i have probably lost quite a bit of cash over the years by not being clued up on the money front .

thanks

Ok you need to send a SAR from the templates library to First NAtional with a £10 cheque for all your information. They have 40 days in which to send it to you. This will give you time to read throough all info and ask as many questions as you like. Have you other accounts in the past 6 years that you may have had charges on that you need to claim back.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

hi i had a littlewoods catologue which i was charged on and they reffered to debt collection agency i settled this in full in sept 2001 again not sure how much i was charged.i also had a natwest account which i had hundreds of pound of charges but they closed the account in 1999 so i believe this is too long ago to claim is that correct?do i need to contact first national by telephone to get my old account details or can they located details on name address etc

thankyou for all of your help so far i am sure i will be asking a lot more questions on this .

is it possible to calculate a possible cost for pursuing this or does this depend on there reply to this letter i need to send to them

thanks again

hi i had a littlewoods catologue which i was charged on and they reffered to debt collection agency i settled this in full in sept 2001 again not sure how much i was charged.i also had a NatWest account which i had hundreds of pound of charges but they closed the account in 1999 so i believe this is too long ago to claim is that correct?do i need to contact first national by telephone to get my old account details or can they located details on name address etc

thankyou for all of your help so far i am sure i will be asking a lot more questions on this .

is it possible to calculate a possible cost for pursuing this or does this depend on there reply to this letter i need to send to them

thanks again

send this letter http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

with your £10 - littlewoods is ok to claim from - the nat west is too old - although some people are testing the 6 year limit so you may be able to go back to that one in the future. Your cost of filing the claim should be £120.

hi ,

thanks gizmo111 i have completed s.a.r for littlewoods and i will have to wait until monday to get in touch with first national it seems from their website that their customer service dept in only open mon to friday but i have waited this long so a couple more days won't hurt.can i just ask at what point am i likely to have to pay this £120 because i will need to put some money aside with the run up to xmas if it is going to be needed soon

thanks again

hi ,

thanks gizmo111 i have completed s.a.r for littlewoods and i will have to wait until monday to get in touch with first national it seems from their website that their customer service dept in only open mon to friday but i have waited this long so a couple more days won't hurt.can i just ask at what point am i likely to have to pay this £120 because i will need to put some money aside with the run up to xmas if it is going to be needed soon

thanks again

to get your info you need send £10 on letter in link I sent above - £120 will be approx 2 months time if and when you need to take FN too court.

Hope this helps.

hi i have just contacted first national{ge money} i did not have account number so they located it but said they could not give out account number over the phone however they would send me out my closing statement which would list everything i had to pay to close my account down and i can expect that in 2/3 days.when i receive this if it has all of the figures on do i need to still send for S.A.R .?

i am getting a little bit confused when reading other posts,can i claim my fees back or is it just if i have remortgaged with the same company?

if i can claim them back can anyone tell me what i need to do once i am i receipt of the closing statement?

sorry for being so dim but i am new to all of this

thanks boots1

hi i have just contacted first national{ge money} i did not have account number so they located it but said they could not give out account number over the phone however they would send me out my closing statement which would list everything i had to pay to close my account down and i can expect that in 2/3 days.when i receive this if it has all of the figures on do i need to still send for S.A.R .?

i am getting a little bit confused when reading other posts,can i claim my fees back or is it just if i have remortgaged with the same company?

if i can claim them back can anyone tell me what i need to do once i am i receipt of the closing statement?

sorry for being so dim but i am new to all of this

thanks boots1

Post back the figures when you get the statement.

hi

i have today received a redemption statement for 18.07.2003

the figures are:

capital outstanding £36.923.92

interest due £133.25

redemption fee :£552.94

funding fee £552.94

administration fee £75.00

deeds supply fee £50.00

total redemption fee £38288.05

i am not sure what the funding fee is ,is this part of the redemption fee ?

can someone advise me what i would be able to claim back from this if anything

if i am able to claim it back what do i need to do next

thanks in advance

Hi I'm claiming my ERC from West Bromwich......just about to send a letter before action.( taking them to court)

Their is a thread on here from ZOOTSCOOT he's already got his back.

for me it was reading all the threads and especially the templates libary and instructions, but just adapting it to mtge ERC.

There are a few people that have been successful just read loads of stuff on here. So I don't forget where I'v read stuff I may need to use I've saved the threads in my favourites so I can just click on it and keep up to date. I've got loads but I don't loose them!!!

GOOD LUCK

hi

i have today received a redemption statement for 18.07.2003

the figures are:

capital outstanding £36.923.92

interest due £133.25

redemption fee :£552.94

funding fee £552.94

administration fee £75.00

deeds supply fee £50.00

total redemption fee £38288.05

i am not sure what the funding fee is ,is this part of the redemption fee ?

can someone advise me what i would be able to claim back from this if anything

if i am able to claim it back what do i need to do next

thanks in advance

definetly the redemption fee -not sure what a funding fee is - unless anyone knows ask them if it is a unclear answer then claim that as well. I am sure zoot has covered this somewhere in her posts.

hi,

i have just read zoots letter and its brilliant,could i use this and just amend it as necessary ?

when it states that i have enclosed a schedule of charges do i just need to take a copy of the redemption statement and enclose that ?

I am going to speak to them tomorrow to find out about the funding fee but if it is just a glorified redemption figure ,do i just put the total amount for redemption fee and funding fee or do i need to include admin fees and interest charges as well ?

another thing that i am worried about is, if it goes to court which i know from reading other posts it is likely ,do you have to physically go to court or is it all conducted on line ?I am not very good in presenting things and am worried that if it goes that far i could end up losing this as well as the court fees

hi,

i have just read zoots letter and its brilliant,could i use this and just amend it as necessary ?

when it states that i have enclosed a schedule of charges do i just need to take a copy of the redemption statement and enclose that ?

I am going to speak to them tomorrow to find out about the funding fee but if it is just a glorified redemption figure ,do i just put the total amount for redemption fee and funding fee or do i need to include admin fees and interest charges as well ?

another thing that i am worried about is, if it goes to court which i know from reading other posts it is likely ,do you have to physically go to court or is it all conducted on line ?I am not very good in presenting things and am worried that if it goes that far i could end up losing this as well as the court fees

Don't worry Boots - if it ever gets to court we are here to help. There will most likely be a lot of form filling letter writing but no hearing.

I would not ring them but put in the letter a list of charges you are claiming ie redemption fee xxx.xx and funding fee xxx.xx. Then see what they address in their reply. Let us know and we will help wherever we can with next stage. Feel free to use the letter and amend as appropriate to uyour own circumstances.

Hi I'm claiming my ERC from West Bromwich......just about to send a letter before action.( taking them to court)

Their is a thread on here from ZOOTSCOOT he's already got his back.

for me it was reading all the threads and especially the templates libary and instructions, but just adapting it to mtge ERC.

There are a few people that have been successful just read loads of stuff on here. So I don't forget where I'v read stuff I may need to use I've saved the threads in my favourites so I can just click on it and keep up to date. I've got loads but I don't loose them!!!

GOOD LUCK

I think you'll find the lovely Zoot is a SHE...lol

:D

--------------------------------------------------------------

HSBC

Settled in FULL on 8/8/06 - £3619.53

CAPITAL ONE

Settled in Full on 6/9/06 - £84.76

ABBEY NATIONAL (Old N&P Mortgage)

Settled In Full on 2/3/07 - £307.13

SPML

*Court Case Withdrawn - family illness*

MORTGAGES PLC

*Court Case Withdrawn - family illness*

hi,

thanks again gizmo,i will send the letter off tomorrow ,the 14 days before i send next letter ,does that start from the day i send the letter or when they acknowledge receipt of it ,also is it only working days that count towards this ?:confused:

hi,

thanks again gizmo,i will send the letter off tomorrow ,the 14 days before i send next letter ,does that start from the day i send the letter or when they acknowledge receipt of it ,also is it only working days that count towards this ?:confused:

14 days from when they receive it - it is standard toallow a letter to take 2 days to arrive - so 16 days from posting - it is calender days not working. I expect you wil lhear their excuses well within the 14 days though.

hi,

i would just like to thank everyone for their help so far,just to let you all know i posted my first letter to them on friday recorded delivery so i await their reply i will post to let you know once i have heard anything,

just to ask if i receive an excuse letter from them before the 16 days is up, do i reply straight with lba letter or do i still allow the 16 days from when i posted the letter ?

from other people experience how long does this normally take from beginning to end its just i am pregnant and due in january and worried that i wont have the time to be chasing things up and prepping things for court etc

thanks again i am sure i will be needing a lot more help along the way

boots

hi,

i would just like to thank everyone for their help so far,just to let you all know i posted my first letter to them on friday recorded delivery so i await their reply i will post to let you know once i have heard anything,

just to ask if i receive an excuse letter from them before the 16 days is up, do i reply straight with lba letter or do i still allow the 16 days from when i posted the letter ?

from other people experience how long does this normally take from beginning to end its just i am pregnant and due in january and worried that i wont have the time to be chasing things up and prepping things for court etc

thanks again i am sure i will be needing a lot more help along the way

boots