Credit Rating, Addresses cockup,now nationwide closed ny account

JustGam3r
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3813 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had 2 phone contracts with orange,

and one with LIFE (phones 4 u very own).

Now I was signing on on JSA and keeping up with their payments,

but then I switched to ESA and to this day I have not been paid because I failed my habitual residency test, but I have filled in an appeal.

because I couldnt pay them and Barclays bank charges were choking me I closed it down.

September I have opened my account in Nationwide branch.

Now the cock up is that i got two of the contracts this summer and I had given them my old address in Battle

and for other one in my mums at Tunbridge wells because they said it would increase the chances of getting it.

Month later my bank got shut and I phoned them to inquire what the reason was

and they said that I gave them false address according to my credit rating people.

What happened was when signing up with Nationwide they got my house address wrong

so my card went to wrong people in the first place.

Now I went there 2 weeks later and changed it.

But is it my credit rating linked in with my contracts address or was it just nationwides fault?

I have been successfully ignoring them because I know I cant pay them for a while

You must make a formal complaint to the bank,but all this substitution of addresses will have been picked up by the CRAs when accounts of any type

were opened or searches were made prior to opening them.

NW I think will have been advised of possible fraudulent activity which will trigger further checks being carried out.

I believe that many mobile service providers subscribe to an organisation call National Hunter which is a reference agency that holds records of credit applications and will flag up instance where data is conflicting.

Most banks subscribe to NHs services.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

You should ask the bank to explain fully why they closed the account before going any further.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I did and it was because I have provided wrong addresses in the past. They couldnt comment on the matter and redirected me to xpedia or something like that but I cant check it without a bank account can I? And I only had it for a month I can get my account number and sort code but will it even work one a closed account?

The history of false addresses will have been logged by xpedia and National Hunter, as said these agencies are set up to gather such information which is then provided to subscribers when application details are passed through the system.

These agencies a Not credit reference agencies the task is to flag up discrepancies such as an individual using multiple addresses and/or identities, this is unlikely to go away and will only lead to more adverse data being collected if you use further false addresses.

You are I'm afraid at the mercy of any credit/ service provider.

There is nothing I can suggest to improve the situation.

Also if I tell DWP my new address will they not tell anyone? Because its my mums address I cant have her involved and I need to apply for simple payments card from Jobcenter would they be able to provide certain DCAs if they requested my details for example

PS. also since I got access to my old shared accomodation place I should register that Simple Payments Card there. And since I am at the mercy to my creditors I will not go to them and beg them because like you said rule no1 dont ever call Debtors.

And I decided I will move out of UK when I finish my education and move to Canada or somewhere nice

You really cannot hide from this as you have found, the DWP will not pass on your data unless ordered to do so because of potential fraud etc.

Where ever you apply for an account this information will be flagged up.

Having no fixed residence and not on electoral roll is also going to cause problems.

A colleague has suggested a preloaded credit card, not familiar with the workings but I'm told you can have wages/benefits credited to them.

You must establish a permanent address your mothers is probably best.

But then they will come to her place and take her stuff I cant allow that I can live under the grid well hidden excellent

Utter nonsense, no one can take your mothers property for any debt you may have!

For Clarification: Before a bailiff can be instructed for this debt:

1. There has to be a Count Court Claim issued:

2. You have to fail to respond to the claim and a judgment by default is made or>

3. You loose the claim and >

4. Fail to meet the terms of the judgement order.

3. The claimant can then obtain a warrant for a bailiff to levy on YOUR property.

I seriously doubt your 'plan' will work.

Isnt it that it if they dont contact you in 6 years you got away with it?

The Limitations Act 1980. take a read, the debt still exists and remains payable but cannot be enforced in court in 'normal' situations, but fraud / deliberate prolonged evasion of the debt may have further consequences if the size of the debt warrants it.