Domestic and General-advice needed.

MarkPeace
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3841 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

would really appreciate some advice on this matter as I'm not sure if I have been treated fairly or not.

I bought an Indesit condensor tumble dryer 5 and a half years ago and

after the manufacturers warranty expired I took out a new warranty for the machine with Domestic and General.

I pay just over £7 a month for this and over the years have had them out six or seven times.

The last three home visits have been in the last five weeks.

The first visit was due to no heat from the drier,

the engineer fitted a new water pump and went on his way.

However, this did not fix the problem

-consequently he came back within the week and fitted a new element which did resolve the problem.

Ten or so days ago the drier started tripping the electrics and

I contacted D and G again.

The engineer came out after about a week's wait and said the machine was cursed and didn't seem to be wired up correctly.

I went to do some housework and came back down to smoke in the air

-the machine had actually caught fire whilst the engineer was running it!

He said it would be about a week before they could get new parts.

After he went I became quite scared thinking about what had just happened and how much worse that could have been

- I have a young child and a baby in the house.

I rang the complaints line at D and G and wanted to know why the machine couldn't just be written off, that I was quite frightened by it etc.

Today I received a phone call from the big cheese at D and G saying that she had read the engineer's report

and that a new back panel was needed including a new circuit board and the machine would not be replaced when it was deemed repairable.

I said I wasn't happy with this outcome and that I really wanted a new machine.

She then proceeded to tell me that if the machine caught fire within 28 days of the repair, then THAT is when I would get a new machine.

I was quite astounded that my family could be put at risk in this way, since I have totally lost faith in the machine.

She said she was the highest person I could go to unless I wrote to the Director-General.

What do you think?

Is what she said reasonable?

Or do I have a case to pursue this further?

Any advice or opinions would be welcome.

john.pearmund@domesticandgeneral.com

(if copy and pasting take the space out)

that IS the ceo email/ director general

keep it civil and short

something along the lines of

I have had multiple issues with this dryer.

however the issue i am most worried about is the fact that during a repair on (XXXX) the machine started smoking while the engineer was working on it

i feel that this item is unsafe for use and am worried about its continued use, if you look at the previous issues you can see it has history of on going repairs

what i would like is this issue resolved on what after all is an essential item, and i would like the issue resolving within a reasonable time

i would appreciate your input on this and any advice you have on how to resolved it

yours sincerly

xxxxxxxxxxxx

had to write to this email address a while ago as M-I-L had been without a washer for over 3 weeks, within 3 hours they had arranged a replacement, so its always worth a try

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

it always amazes me why people PAY for extended or additional warranties

when the appliance is cover FREE under soga for most faults.

you need to go back to the RETAILER and inform them the machine has caught fire and you deem it a safety haxzard

and should be replaced under SOGA.

from their, I expect they will get the manufacturer to replace it.

this could be a hard battle as they'll investigate what the D&G has done over the years to it.

you could even be able to sue D&G here for damages etc

dx

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

any updates?

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek: