style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3819 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got a ticket for parking in Threadneedle Street EC,

the kerb markings were there and not very visible,

couldn't see the restriction sign on a post,

when I got the ticket the sign was planted on a wall quite high up,

do I have any grounds to appeal and is it worth it.

Do the council have the obligation to ensure kerb markings are clear and precise rather than broken and not very visible,

I also notice the vehicle in front of me didn't get a ticket as I asked the driver

Can you give more details.

What is the contravention stated on the PCN?

The council does have to maintain signs and lines in a clear fashion. I would guess Threadneedle Street has double yellows? What are the kerb markings you mention?

the contravention is parked where there is a loading restriction, the kerb blips need to be clear and the sign or signs also need to be clear showing (as you have said single line on kerb) the times the restriction is in place.

the first sign needs to be within 15mtrs of the start of the restriction and the next needs to be within 30mtrs of the restriction, do you have any photos of where you were parked? hope that helps

Can you check Google Streetview to get an idea of where the sign is? It's probably correct if it's wall-mounted (no need for them to stretch the regulations as far as the nearest lamppost), but in any case, if the kerb markings indicate a loading ban, and are not clear, that might invalidate the restriction - depends what kind of state they are in.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick one, got a ticket for being parked on Threadneedle street London EC. when I checked the double yellow line, there is no T-bar at the end of the yellow line and on the other side it becomes a red route line after the double yellow, also the kerb markings are not very clear, restriction sign was on a wall which I didn't see and was from 0700hr to 1900hr. is there grounds to lodge an appeal on the grounds the Double Yellow lines didn't have the T-bar or the kerb markings were faded

Didn't you post this before?

Absence of a T-bar is not grounds to win an appeal.

Kerb markings may or may not be sufficient - we'd need to see a photo to make a judgement.

If the sign is in order, and you were ticketed for the correct contravention at the correct time of day, then that would be valid. We'll need to know what the contravention is, stated on the PCN, and what time you were ticketed.