Natwest Charges and Interest issue

jeb192
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3874 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I apologise if this is in the wrong place: please let me know and I will move it.

I have banked with natwest for about 9 years and have two bank accounts, a select account with £50 overdraft and a graduate account with an £1800 overdraft. To cut a long story short, my problem is twofold.

Natwest informed me of the following via email:

That they are changing the charges on the select account: basically charging for anything and everything they can.

£6 Just for USING my overdraft, even though it's an authorised overdraft

19.89% interest on my overdraft balance

£6 for any direct debits that bounce

£6 PER DAY if my account goes over my agreed overdraft.

Furthermore, they have informed me via email that my graduate account will be changed to a select account on december 17th. So I will be charged 19.89% on my full 1800 overdraft unless I pay it all back, which I can't do.

Also the only time I ever go over my overdraft is when natwest takes out fees, so basically they cause the problem and then charge me £6 a day for it.

In light of this I would like to approach them and explain that the charges, on the graduate-cum-select account in particular are unacceptable and will bankrupt me and I would like to make a payment arrangement to get the overdraft paid off without incurring any further charges. Two months isn't enough notice for me to pay such a large sum of money.

I don't want to close the accounts, but I can't afford to have my salary paid in there so I have opened a basic account with another bank which I will have my salary paid into if necessary. However this account doesn't allow standing orders or Direct Debits and I have to pay my rent by standing order, it's in my tenancy agreement.

Could anyone help me write a letter to natwest? And does anyone have any experience contesting this sort of thing?

Could i suggest setting up a cushion account with another bank?

Thats probably the best idea... I think i would march away after that decision by Natwest

Pay it back in small amounts :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Could i suggest setting up a cushion account with another bank?

Thats probably the best idea... I think i would march away after that decision by Natwest

Pay it back in small amounts :)

Absolutely correct...you cant reason with them but you can isolate them.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Absolutely correct...you cant reason with them but you can isolate them.

Regards

Andy

The interest will be hundreds of pounds, if I try to to pay them back without making a proper agreement I will incur more charges than I pay back.

Then try to reason with them...but I would still set up other banking facilities and move your income to that account. Santander/CO OP offer basic accounts with the facilities you require.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Ok but see above you can open basic accounts with DD/SO facilities.