Currys or Know How ?

Lewison
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3861 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm having trouble getting a refund (for a defective domestic appliance) from Currys/Know How.

The product was bought from Currys (online) but delivered and returned to the vendor by Know How.

Currys Customer Services doesn't seem to exist. I have had contact, by email, with Know How, but I'm not sure whether it's their responsibility to deal with refunds. I've also wasted time and money on the phone and got nowhere.

It looks like I shall have to go to the top and ask the CEO to sort out the problem. Can any member give me an up-to-date email address for Sebastian James, please?

Know how is the tech side of Currys. I can give you the email to the CEO (Sebastian.James@dixons.co.uk) but from experience he will get one of his lackys to deal with you and the guy i dealt with was an arse. How long ago did you return the item? How did you pay? If you use http://www.saynoto0870.com you can find a 01 number to ring. You can also try posting on this site as the social media team do tend to be around - https://getsatisfaction.com/curryspcworld

Yes, I know the Credit Card company are liable - eventually. But in the meanwhile I've had to pay for a new fridge before getting the money back on the defective one we returned to Currys.. A fridge isn't something you can do without for longer than a day or two.

you should do a section 75 reclaim

with you credit card

that's almost instant.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/ombudsman-news/31/creditcards-31.htm

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

well you only returned it on the 29th

yes it can take the vendor 28 days to process the refund back to the card

if they have said they are doing it.

however, I've seen that once the section 75 is 'invoked'

and the CCC see the retailer has/is processing the refund

they just make it appear.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

well you only returned it on the 29th

yes it can take the vendor 28 days to process the refund back to the card

if they have said they are doing it.

however, I've seen that once the section 75 is 'invoked'

and the CCC see the retailer has/is processing the refund

they just make it appear.

dx

Thanks. What I'm trying to establish at Currys is whether, as a matter of fact, the refund is being processed or not. Once I know that it is being processed, I'll let the matter drop until a reasonable amount of time elapses before I get the money.

I simply can't get hold of anyone at Currys by phone or email who will give me the information I want.