serious provident issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3763 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've noticed on my credit report that there are two provident loans in my name, the payments have been marked as two months late for the last three months.

The problem is I did not take out these loans, I had took out loans with them in the past and at the time I was living with my mother who had her own provident account.

The woman who does the loans the agent gave my mother these two loans in December 2012 but she has put the loans through on my account despite me not living there for around three years. I'm assuming the agent has got my mum to sign a credit agreemen despite it being in my name

The agent also has my mum's credit book, my mum assures me she's been paying the loan off every week with no late payments but on my credit file it says it's been two months late for the last three months.

My concern is that my mum doesn't have her book and this woman might be taking my mums money and not putting it through the books on time.

My main question is,is there anything I can do about the agent putting the loan through in my name without me having any knowledge of it until now? My mum just assumed the loan was in her name shes 70 years old.

I find it very unusual she's kept my mum's book that's against the rules surely, I'm absolutely furious about this especially as it's on my credit report with several missed payments even though my mum said its always paid on time.

For all I know this agent has been taking the cash and used it on a holiday and putting missed payments in my mums book that she's kept.

Can I get the whole debt cleared for my mum due to this error ? Is it even legal for them to do this ?

You need to get the book back from the provident agent in the first instance, I do believe this is against Provident policy.

What does you mum have to say about the loans ?

You might need to send a Subject access to the Provident.

I will also ask others to look in on you. There is something very wrong here.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi,

My mum says she took the loans out but just assumed it was through her name not mine, the agents obviously got my mum to sign the agreements that have been in my name.

Something is very wrong and I'll be phoning the agent first thing tomorrow to find out what she's playing at, my mum says she pays her every week so I've no idea how it can show as two months late for the last three months on my credit report.

If the debt is legally in my name but I had no knowledge of it I'm hoping I can do something about it .

Thanks for the help

I've not slept all night worrying about this and also the fact that I'm very angry.

I've just read that it shouldn't show up on my credit report after 12 weeks of missed payments, there is no way my mum has missed more than a couple of payments she says she's missed none but she must have missed a few in 10 months

The remaining balance on one of the loans is £1044 and the other loan has £236 both of which I'm going to tell my mum not to pay anymore until I get this sorted.

These markers on my report could have effected me getting a job or credit, I feel like telling provident to stick their loan where the sun doesn't shine and I can't see what they can do about it not after the major mistake they have made and potentially ruining my credit chances in my own name

Just off the phone to provident head office, the loan is a seperate loan to my mothers loan her loan is up to date.

The loan that has been took out in my name has been taken out without my knowledge or without my consent, provident has opened a fraud investigation they said I should have been there to show my ID and sign the agreement none of which I did.

Provident said the last payments were made in June, the only person I could have taken out this loan is the provident agent.

Should I report this to the police? I don't want to put full blame on the agent but who else could it have been if the loan needs to be paid to me at the address at the time of signing the agreement.

Hi

I would report it, if only to get a crime number which will show provi that you are serious about the fraud. Reporting suspicions is not blaming anyone, just that you 'think' it may be the agent.

Provident should suspend the account whilst they investigate. As for the markers, I would write to the credit reference agencies with a Notice of Correction (up to 200 words) ensuring that you state that this is possible fraud.

Ideally Provident should remove all markers whilst they investigate.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Just found out the provident agent took out the loan in my name to give to my mum, the agent new my mum would get turned down for another loan in her own name so she made up a new load in my name knowing if she went to her boss asking if my mum could get a new loan they'd say no she couldn't afford it

The agent phoned my mum asked her to get us to call head office say it's all been a mistake cos she will lose her job, what a bloody cheek she's happy for my mum to pay back £130 a week for four loans

Disgusting

In my experience provident agents try to be yor "friend" so that when things go wrong they can guilt trip you.

I would ask if your mum asked for these loans or they were suggested?

£130 per week wow that is one hell of an amount..how long is that for ..is it to catch up the missing ayments

In my opinion something is very very suspect here and hard as it may be you need to get this all sorted with provident and not the agent

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

The problem I now see is, did your mum know that the loan would be taken out in your name. If yes, then she is complicit in a fraud. If, on the other hand, the agent got her to sign a form without letting her see the details, then the agent is fully responsible-no matter how good her intentions were.

The agent phoning and asking to drop this is wrong. Witness tampering? Perverting the course of Justice??

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

The loans that were taken out in my name are £100 or so a week and my mums two loans are £30 a week.

My mums 70 and easily confused and easily led so could have been told it's legal and fine, she can't remember if she signed her or my name but if it was my name my mum would have been told to do it.

This agent is suggesting to my mum to take out more loans all the time.

I'll get a crime reference number anyway and I want this woman sacked, she has crippled my mum financially all her benefits went to provident, she's also registered disabled my fear now is this agent has left other oaps in the same situation.

I'm meeting the agent to see the books, she's said my mums kept all payments up to date but head office says nothings been paid for the loans in my name since July. It's impossible for my mum to pay £130 a week she only gets £107 a week in benefits

I have to agree with SF here.

If your Mum knew that the loan was being taken out in your name then there could be problems for her. If she didn't know this, then you should not simply drop it.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Even if my mums 70 years old and this woman led her to believe it was all legit? Well I want this woman sacked if anything and I'll tell provident as a good will gestures to write off the debt cos theres no way my mother could have afforded four loans she could barely manage two of the loans

If your Mum has been misled then it is another nail in the agent's coffin IMHO.

BCOBS

I am very concerned that your Mother, at 70 years of age, is involved with what a company that is essentially a Pay Day Loan company.

Sorry to be nosey, but why does she need to have these loans, let alone so many at one go !

If she has other debts then perhaps now is the time for her to have some debt counselling - is she claiming any government cash she might be entitled to ?

BCOBS

She has no other debts, she has 4 grandchildren and has likes to treat them with what she said was a lottery win when in fact it was provident loans.

by the sounds of it the agent kept suggesting to my mum to take out another loan being all friendly etc, my mum not realising that it's the agent wanting more commission it's not the agent doing my mum a favour by offering new loans.

The provident call center staff said they can't put a freeze on the loans and were rude to me.

There is no way these loans are getting paid, not the one in my name and not the ones in hers I'll need to write to head office.

If I never checked my credit report this agent could have kept my mum going with four seperqte loans for the rest of her life.

The only debt my mum has is provident she doesn't even have a bank account only a post office account for her pension and disabled living allowance

I would be bypassing the minions, staying off the phone and go to the top

peter.crook@providentfinancial.com

(shame about the surname)

Just on a side note and there may be reasons for this but your mum should have an income greater than 107 per week. Pension credit should increase that.

It guarantees a weekly income however savings and any other income are taken into account

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Hi,

I'm not sure of everything she gets I know her gas and electric gets taken straight off her benefits plus she has a motability car she has trouble walking.

I know she gets all she's entitled to, sadly my sister who has three kids is a selfish pig who dumps her kids on mum because she can't cope I hate her I've already tried to get her stopped what she does to my mum is practically abuse she takes advantage of her.

I live an hour away so I can't pop round every day but my sister is along the road from her so is constantly round never gives her a minutes peace.

I get my mum over once a week for a couple of nights to get her away from my sister and three bad behaved out of control kids.

I know there are some evil people out there, and I've only been on this site a few days and the help i have received is fantastic

Hi kaimoo,

I agree you should stay off the phone. Keep it all in writing only so you have a clear paper trail.

I also suggest you have YM sign a letter of authority giving you full power to act on her behalf in this matter. Otherwise, Provident may try and smooth things over quietly for their own reasons.

Given the agent was complicit in setting up loans in your name, I think you have every right to suggest that Provident write off the loans.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 4 weeks later...

The fact that the agent has create a false document is an offence in it's own merit , I would involve the cops, for 2 reasons, it's an offence to take financial advantage of a vulnerable adult and the consequence's will be dire for the agent and company, secondly this agent used your details to get a customer to take out a further loan in YOUR name, knowing full well it was not you that had signed the agreement in the first place.

It is something you need to take up with some proper legal advice, if it is proven that the agent has made this to suit their needs then this will be dealt with at a much higher level other than the local office or area manager.

Send a letter to the head office telling them that you are going to take this to a legal level then maybe Provident will look at this account again, but this is your decision to make not ours, your mum has been the victim of a financially nasty agent that need s looking into straight away.

MM

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Okay, so I got my vanquis card I've used 50% of my credit.

I checked my credit report it's flagged up 4 new negative factors all to do with my new card, I've had it less than 10 months, my limit is low so viewed as a risk.

October my score was 891 it is now 571, it's dropped from 771 to 571 all because I have a new credit account.....

Yes I know the scores mean nothing and it's a guide for myself, but is it not a good thing I have one credit account and in fact despite what experian report it does actually go in my favour ?

I logged on to experian expecting my credit score to be increased with positive markers, how wrong I was

Oh dear you have fallen into the same trap as the PDLs.. even if you keep this type of credit card up to date.. even to the point of paying it off each month, because IT IS a card that is available to people with poor credit, it has a negative impact on your credit file :(

BCOBS

I think you might find it very hard indeed.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/bad-credit-credit-cards

The link above is to a money saving expert article with some suggestions for credit cards for people with trashed credit files. (the information is at the bottom of the article)

Have a read of the article above - I think there are also suggestions on ways to improve your credit score :)

BCOBS