Dabs.com has messed me around

jetblast
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3865 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I ordered 3 items on Sunday 27th November, leaving plenty of time for the Saturday or Sunday 3rd November that I need the items (Items were Hard drive, PC case and RAM). The next day I received an email saying one item isn't in stock and I remembered that I forgot to add one item to the order (WD HDD). I phoned up and the item was added on. I emailed again on Wednesday 30th when I checked that it had not been processed yet and was told the RAM (missing item) will arrive with with them on the 31st (today). I checked again today and apparently the item is now due to be in stock on the 9th Nov (even though I was told it'll be delivered to them and sent to me today). Each member of staff is giving me conflicting dates.

I desperately required the items on Saturday 2nd or Sunday 3rd November. I am a student studying in Portsmouth and am going back to London for the weekend in order to build a computer for a single mother who is a close family friend. They are currently relying on me, and ultimately them to deliver by then. I asked them to send the other two items but I was told to cancel and redo the order. In the end I have ordered the HDD and case separately and requested next day delivery.

I ordered the items in a timely fashion. Their website, then as well as now, clearly states the item is in stock, which was one of the reasons I ordered from them. If I knew, I wouldn't have ordered!

Now what I want, is to claim back the next day delivery I paid for because of their incompetence. I have got all relevant conversations via email and screenshots of the item in question which still shows as in stock (goo[dot]gl/5ZTlPr). I didn't order a few days ago, but on Sunday (factoring in the weekend, monday), leaving plenty of time; I had to contact them repeatedly just to get information from them. Is there any legal grounds here in my favor?

EDIT: Got a phone call an hour later from the manager. Explained the situation again and she agreed to refund me the one day delivery charge I incurred. Wasn't very hopeful tbh cause of what I've heard from Dabs before, but I'm happy for the result.

Edited by jetblast