Advice Please..Am I Able to Sue previous employer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3865 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All any and all advice welcome on this please..

I was working for a Local Gov Auth, and had been since 2006. however since 2008, i was subject to bullying in the workplace which caused all sorts of stress, management where told but didn't do anything...i was told just to keep recording the instances and they would look into it.

as a result of the stress i ended up in hospital for a mystery stomach illness several times, that has now been linked to the stress.

in January last year i was subject to more bulling, this not only breached the anti bullying policy but also the dignity at work policy. of which i ended up being off sick for 6 weeks, i had to see a councilor and was unable to return to work until this was done.

whist i was off sick, i had a meeting with my manager and he agreed that the 2 policies had been breached.

the offender was not disciplined in anyway, instead a job was created of which moved me from the roll i was doing and which later transferred me from the authority

the transfer has worked for me, i now enjoy working for the new company and i have not been off sick at all, and i have no work stress.

would i have a claim for damages on this.

many thanks for looking

Lets

Personal injury claims for work related stress are so difficult to succeed upon, they're the constructive dismissal claims of the PI world (very hard).

See here for the challenges with these type of claims

[unapproved link removed for site team consideration].

Edited by honeybee13

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

Here's the thing; if they do discipline right, you won't know anything was done. They may be on a final written warning, but it's no one's business but them and the manager.

And suing for stress as an industrial injury is near impossible to prove. I personally would not be subjecting my body to the stress when I was still in recovery.

The best revenge is living well....

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

The best revenge is living well....

And that is one of the best pieces of advice you will ever receive.

letsgetitsorted - you are sorted my friend - you just don't know it yet!:-)

Put it behind you, enjoy your healthy new surroundings. Thank your lucky stars you have managed to move away from an unhealthy environment.

Forget the 'afters' - you have no idea of the stress you would be putting yourself through trying to win an undercooked claim.

Edited by SweetLorraine

The fact your ex employer took positive action and transferred you away from the stress means you have had the remedy and will be wasting time taking it up again, as you are clearly fit for work and have little or no loss of earnings.

Write a letter to your bullies expressing your feelings towards him or her, seal it in an envelope and then burn it or shred it and ...MOVE ON.