rights on giving notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3866 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i am hoping someone can just double check some wording in a contract .my wife is leaving her place of work and has been offered a new job her contract states what we believe is that she has to give a months notice which is fine..but she has been there alot longer and the contract sort of sounds like she has to give 3 months notice.. below is word for word what it says

.your employment will be subject to the following periods of notice:after 4 weeks employment-1 weeks notice. after 2 years employment-1 months notice to terminate your employment. You are entitled to receive the following periods of notice after 4 weeks employment -1 weeks notice. after 2 years serive-1 months notice.after 5 years service -1 week for each year of service to a maximum of 12 weeks for 12 years service.payment in lieu of notice may be made in certain circumstances.

now from what or how i ready it if she hands in notice it will be 1 months notice..but if they intend to let her go then it would be 12 weeks notice as she has worked there for 13 years.

can someone just read over and let me know thanx

She's been there for 13 years, so her contract states that she must give 12 weeks notice.

after 5 years service -1 week for each year of service to a maximum of 12 weeks for 12 years service

You could leave before that, but you would forfeit payment in lieu of notice and depending on the job she does, they could cite breach of contract.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Youre right. My mistake. I skimmed the part where they state entitlement.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Not quite. The OP has the right idea - if she wants to leave then she must give one month's notice. If her employer wants her to leave then it must give 12 weeks' leave or pay in lieu of notice.

:thumb:

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!