Used my dad's freedom pass 23 journeys - **got given a conditional discharge**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3824 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I havent got any paperwork yet. I wasnt given any at the hearing besides a paper slip with an account number scribbled on it which i was told to use to make a payment towards the costs I was ordered to pay. I paid a bit towards it and was ordered to pay the remaining within the next 60 days.

I assume the paperwork will come through in the next few days so will revert when I get it.

And to answer your question @BazzaS - the judge simply said conditional discharge. He did not mention any duration. And me not being familiar with legal terms or process, all I asked him was how long will the criminal record last for and he said "3 months but you will have to check it out" So in summary I do not know ho long my conditional discharge is for.

I guess the paerwork, when it comes through, will make it all clear.

The paperwork should make it clear, but you can already assume the rehab period will be 12 months : if the period of the conditional discharge turns out to be longer - adjust your expectation accordingly.

• 1 month later...

Ok so the paperwork has come through..

I have been given a conditional discharge as mentioned earlier. The order says "The court has found you guilty of the offences below. As long as you do not commit an offence during the next 3 months from the date of this order you will not be punished."

I have also received a notice of fine and collection order, which only asks me to pay the compensation (unpaid fare) and court costs. No victim surcharge or fine.

Do I still have. Criminal record? If so, will it be spent after 3 months? Do I have to declare it anywhere after?

Thanks,

Shouvik

Ok so the paperwork has come through..

I have been given a conditional discharge as mentioned earlier. The order says "The court has found you guilty of the offences below. As long as you do not commit an offence during the next 3 months from the date of this order you will not be punished."

I have also received a notice of fine and collection order, which only asks me to pay the compensation (unpaid fare) and court costs. No victim surcharge or fine.

Do I still have. Criminal record? If so, will it be spent after 3 months? Do I have to declare it anywhere after?

Thanks,

Shouvik

You have a criminal record.

Provided the provisions of the rehabilitation of offenders legislation apply, it is "spent " after 12 months.

For jobs exempt from the rehab of offenders it will always need to be declared, as it likely will for e.g. immigration purposes. (For example : if visiting the USA always apply for a visa, don't rely on the Visa Waiver scheme )

Edited by BazzaS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3824 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks