Thoughts in your day

my thought is that some people need to accept their in the wrong

driver of a bus was probably let go after a video of him running a red light, since then ive had mildly abusive comments on several of my videos, including one where hes called me racist for calling a video "polish bakery cant drive" apparently i shouldn't label videos based off their nationality.... obviously hasn't watched the video because it says in large letters on the side of the van "The Polish Bakery"

blocked him for now..

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

• 9 months later...

My thought for the day is boredom

sat around waiting for my new cars charging point to be installed, i don't even get the car till tomorrow

bit excited mind, its my first full electric car

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Why do I feel guilty? hope my baby did not suffer, it happened so fast, so lost now, too quiet and other dog keeps looking for him.

he wont have suffered

i felt the same when my cat went, but he knew what it was at the time

he could barely breathe but as soon as that needle went in he started purring and i swear he was trying to get up to headbutt me the way he used to before it kicked in

that last thing i made sure i did before i buried him was finish that headbutt he started

Please note:

• 6 months later...

thoughts in my day... i need an electrician

had an electrical problem for about 2 years where if you touch any metal item and are earthed you get an electric shock...

discovered that i have about a 1.7 amp leak to earth - or about £40 - £55 a month leakage

changed all the sockets in case its a dud one, then in desperation tore a wall out to find out where some wires went - only to find the last owner CUT the ring main to patch in some extras

20170923_195851.jpg

Please note:

I'm still not sure I did it right I clamped the live and earth and the meter did the rest

Please note:

• 2 months later...

Thought of the day

For the first time in 10 years I've managed nearly a week without a single alcoholic drink....

Don't get me wrong I'm not a heavy drinker but the fact I was drinking a can every night was getting to me.

So for anyone else wanting to quit for a bit I wholely recommend breaking ribs the pills keep you off it nicely

Now to quit the takeaways for a bit and maybe I'll fit into my wedding suit again... I only need to loose 5 stone or so

Please note:

• 4 months later...

I was sat wondering the other day and I started to wonder if churches were actually necessary, after all not only can we talk to god anywhere but there is also the option now of getting sermons online. It would probably surprise many people that in the end, I came to the decision that churches are not necessary, it wouldn't matter if they were all turned into houses or demolished as people around them would continue life as if they had never been there, they would still be able to register their births and deaths, hold funerals in the vast council grounds and if they needed to talk to god then they would do it in the privacy of their own homes without ever considering leaving it.

But before anyone has a go at me for that opinion I must point out that although churches are not, in fact, necessary they fill more than just the role of somewhere to talk to god and for that reason although they are not necessary they are needed, and there is a huge difference between the two. Churches are not just for talking to god, they are the heart of many communities, they are a place to sit and reflect, to remember places and people gone by, a place to gather your thoughts and seek support from those around you in a moment of need, those who might feel lost in the modern world can always rely on the solidarity of the church to draw them in and not only keep them safe but to also support them until they find their own place once more. Its true that many of them are currently lost, neglected or closed due to the lack of attendance but this will always be the case in times of plenty, its always at these periods that people consider the churches as unnecessary and to be ignored, its only when society needs them that they come to their true worth and as always will be there when they are needed.

It's for the same reason that God is often referred to as a shepherd rather than a herdsman. To most of today's society where food simply appears in the supermarket and farming is a long and distant concept its easy to believe that the words are one and the same. In fact, there is a wide world of difference, A herdsman drives its animals onwards continually, pausing occasionally to deal with their needs while mainly concentrating on getting to some distant goal. A shepherd, however, considers nothing more than the well being of his flock, for the main, he will leave them alone to learn and play on their own, there may well be a goal for the flock in mind but he is simply content to let them discover it for themselves. The only time the shepherd will really interact with the flock is if they are injured or lost, when this happens he is not only there for them but will seek them out and support them through whatever disaster has happened, its always good to know that the shepherds watching

Sorry for the large block I have formatted it on my phone twice now. Gave in and just separated paragraphs

Please note:

• 5 months later...

Got an offer from Flavorly in my private eye

Tried it

Beers fine - shame yodel threw the parcel over the gate and claimed they left it in the porch - we have no porch

Please note:

Just spent 3 hours over two days fixing a 3d printer

Changed nozzles, replaced heat sensor, releveled the bed a million times

Just to find that it's actually the plastic at fault...

Please note:

Made in China = no warranty

Besides already bypassed the chip in the Epson printer

Please note:

The day someone flies one upside down I'll be impressed

Please note:

OK I'm happy now

Please note:

• 1 month later...

Visit to hospital for wife's heart scan

On way out car put ticket in machine reved up, wheel spun, the hit the still closed barrier

Things happen occasionally that people must look back and wonder - what would have happened if I wasn't in a hurry

Please note:

Think I upset someone in sainsburys

They demanded I moved my trolley so they could park in a bay - so I did

They had a moan at me because I mentioned it was an electric car bay

They got mardy because I was taking too long to unload the trolley and they wanted it to save walking to get one

Then at the end of it they turned around to me and told me I should be more polite

Apparently me turning to them and going "right up until this point I had been polite, but seen as you think I'm impolite I might as well be so go away you stupid cow" was enough for them to get back in the car in tears and drive off

I wouldn't have minded but she was as rude as anything and just expected me to take it

Please note:

And if it helps I do feel a bit bad for snapping back like that

Please note:

• 2 weeks later...

YouTube and security...

It seems like everything that can be broken has been on there

Having a spring clear out and finally got around to our safe (lost keys and batteries dead) wondered what to do with it as its bolted to the floor and hard to move

5 mins later after watching a video on YouTube managed to open it by banging on the top while twisting the dial...

Now I don't keep anything valuable in there anyway but even if I had I would be reconsidering it

Don't get me wrong I can pick locks, bypass passwords, etc due to bad history with boredom but I never thought of my own safe being that easy

Makes you wonder if youtube should be allowing that sort of video

Please note:

• 2 weeks later...

i feel so bad

house up road had its gas van stolen

police asked for my cctv footage, so we went to the computer and checked and the cameras hadnt been on

little voice in the background as my daughter went "they kept getting in the way of my youtube video so i closed them"

Please note:

• 4 weeks later...

Just got in Bath to find it stone cold

Run tap to find its running hot cold with emphasis on the cold

Heatings fine so likely to just be the ntc gone but that makes 7/7 years this boilers had a failure in winter

Still new ntc is ordered I'll put it in in the week hopefully

Please note:

• 1 month later...

Well went to the caravan for the first time in two months, mould all over the cushions

Turns out we had accidentally blocked all the air vents... Lesson learnt unblocked vents, heating on, cushions cleaned

However I did find a dozen cans of cider in one of the cupboards - bit of an odd twang but seems ok

Please note:

Change that 1 can later and I do not feel well

Please note:

• 3 weeks later...

Currently wondering what noise a 3d printer will make if launched via an upstairs window... 

It's not worked fully for a couple of months so I brought a new nozzle for it, only to get the wrong one 6 nozzles later and I found although its advertised with a mk 10 it's actually a V6. 

Now I know its that I've got parts on the way but it's still a bit of a mick take

Edited by labrat
Spelling
  • Sad 1

Please note:

• 2 months later...

Got this through today

IMG-20190621-091019.jpg

It's only a test print but I'm wondering about going full scale

Please note:

9 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

Hi labrat.

Is that your name on the book? If so, you might want to remove it.

HB

I don't think it will kill me, I have no major issues on here - works social media team is aware of my account and we have an agreement that I don't post on any of their issues 

Plus I missed the editing window... 

If admin think it's best to remove it there's a new version below 

IMG-20190621-202147.jpg 

Please note:

1 minute ago, honeybee13 said:

I think it's amazing that you've written the book, I wouldn't know where to start. I hope it's been a good experience for you. :)

HB

I've been writing short stories for ages, it seemed logical to collate them, then I found I'd lost some... Oops

I tried putting them all into one book but it ended up close on 700 pages, I trimmed it down to favourites and it ended up at 370ish

Theres one of them on the forum here somewhere.. Not one of the best but its one of the ones included 

Please note:

• 3 weeks later...

Diet... 

Today was the first day off the diet due to wife being out with work - even so I managed to keep it under 2000 calories (my allowed amount is 1600 so not too far up) 

So far I'm 2.5 stone down and only have 2 stone to go, been on the diet for 4 months

Decided to go on diet as wasn't happy with self and my wife got diagnosed with left bundle branch blockage and low systolic function (early 30s at that) 

And tonight was the chance to have a good takeaway - and I gave it up to have a pasta dish from Bella italia (775 cals) and 2 glasses of prosecco (268 cals) 

Please note: