Motormile Finance and wonga - payday debt.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2864 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning all,

I toke a pay day loan. Due to some financial issues I was not able to repay it on time and 400£ turned to be now 880£. This debt was sold to the MMF.

Anyway I don't wont to avoid this debt and I'm willing to pay this all back but I don't have 880£ and I think the charges they put on this account are not fair.

Also when I tried to enter into payment plan with the pay day loan lender they never agreed to my offer and they never supplied me with any statments or letters that I asked for.

Please does any one have any ideas?

Also as MMF was calling my work employer I reported this to ICO, OFT and FOS.

Hence this I recived letter this morning:

Thank you for your recent letter dated, regarding your account with us.

I understand you have decided to revoke your doorstep licence.

However you have not provided MMF with an alternative form of contact or made an offer of payments to clear your debt with MMF.

Please complete and return enclosed Direct Debit Form.

Alternatively, please contact us on 0800 9961103 and quote reference M to arrange a repayment plan for the outstanding balance, or to discuss a settlement.

Our collections department is available between 8am and 8pm Monday to Thursday, 8am to 6pm Friday and 9am to 2pm Saturday.

Whatever you do DONT give them your bank details, knowing this lot they will take what they want regardless - offer them payment by a Postal Order if they refuse then you have offered to make payment which will work in your favor should they decide to take you to court, even if they do refuse your offer of payment still send it anyway.

Write to them (by recorded delivery) stating you will repay the original loan plus one month's interest by monthly instalments of £X. Enclose a postal order (write your name and address on the back and photocopy both sides of it it before sending). Tell them that you will send a postal order each month unless they provide their bank details for you to make payments, but you will not pay by direct debit. If you need help with a letter please ask.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• 2 years later...

It all went quiet until recently I got an email from Wonga as this was my original creditor with an information that account is closed and they don't need me to pay this back.

Also DC contacted me saying this is the same case so. Bye bye MMF and Wonga for ever...

Edited by lasek22uk
mistake

• 7 months later...

well done!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...