Exploited by temping agency

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3871 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

I am new to this site and hoping someone can help.

I recently started work with an agency who verbally offered me £11 PAYE per hour before the job commenced.

After working for two days I received a contract by post stating I was to be paid £9.50 per hour. (I know I have no legal standing). I am however formulating a complaint about their conduct.

The agency then refused to pay any more than £10 per hour stating I should never have been offered any more than that as they would not make any money. I am aware of the week previously the tradesman before I was paid £12 per hour as self employed however the client was only charged £13.50 leaving £1.50 left over for the agency.

The temping agency receive £14.50 per hour from the client for my services leaving £3.50. I know accrued annual leave would be deducted from the £3.50 but are there any other costs deducted?

Thanks in anticipation

Thats the way agencies work,tell you anything to get you on their job,what you need to do in future is ignore anything they verbally tell you,I usually tell them to text me the full details of the job before i go there,address,hourly rate etc otherwise they just mess you around

All agencies are like that. Thats why only the very desperate use an agency.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I'm amazed they are taking so little. the agency has staff to pay, an office to run, investors who want a return, in a horrible market full of jobseekers who think the agents work for them and not the employer.

A third of your wage to the agency would be common in the industry. If anything you are doing better out of them than average.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!