mikejames1 vs barclays (already getting somewhere...)

mikejames1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6165 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a court date of August sometime (i think)

will have to find my letter again but all is good

just a waiting game now really.....

no response needed, just thought I would update :)

I know you don't need a response, but have you thought about calling the Litigation team - they seem to be in a paying mood, and so may be ready to settle with a little encouragement...

...there is a thread 'Lit Team Good or Evil?' further down (on page 2 I think) with all the phone numbers and email addresses!

Good Luck

Peter

erm...basically what he said above! lol

• Haha 1

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

I just rang and said I have my court date through and wanted to check they had received the notification - gave them the claim number and they checked the system...

...they hadn't received it, but were polite and told me what they would do, and when I would need to chase them.

Peter

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

• 1 month later...

hello all

I have not contacted the litigation team however wish to around now

my court date is 13th august

do i literally just call them up & ask to check on my case and see if everything is all ready for 13th?

just worried i'll sound like i'm phoning up for no reason....

Give them a ring. They seem really helpful, and they obviously know the drill as well. They'll ask for your name and claim number straight away. Just let them know you've got your court date coming up, and would they like to settle?

• Haha 1

Person dealing with my claim: Krysta Cambell

I have looked in the litigation thread & seen than Krysta is apparently on annual leave until 14th August although my court date is 13th August.....

The person on the phone told me she is back in next week though but will definitely be emailing her anyway & will also phone again on Monday to get an update on when she is back in (if I don't get an out of office although I should do)

Emma Thompson on 27th July 2007 wrote:

In light of the current events the bank will be looking to stay all claims

and so it is probable that your claim will also be stayed until the test

case.

So nothing 100% in stone at all so I shall continue I guess 8)

So did you have to appear at court just for it to be stayed? I am hoping that if my case is also stayed I can at least get a courtesy call first so I don't have to go into Oxford to just come back again!

Yes, there really was no point in me being there - the judge stayed the claim without first listening to any arguments I had. A different judge might to things differently but this seems to be the way things are going. If Oxford is a long way away I'm sure you can put your argument in writing - I'm not exactly sure what you'd write but maybe something along the lines of the Witness Statement that is floating around on here, and the new POCs.

it's not too bad getting there, just a smal bus journey however would rather be called first to be honest rather than turn up for nothing

one thing though is that I have not yet put together my court bundle which may be a bad move as below is mentioned on the court bundle thread:

"When you get a date, the court will usually give a direction that "a copy of the documents you intend to rely on at the hearing be sent to the other party and the court, no later than 14 days before the hearing date"."

:???:

Dear All

I have got to about the same point as mikejames1 in my claim procedure with Barclays including telling them that I will accept their derisory offer as part of my final claim. my next step is to proceed to court but who's name do I put on the summons! i've threatend to put the name of Barclay's MD (John Varley) but i don't know if this is correct, can anybody advise.

Many Thanks

Mike