Very.co.uk online payment issue

Sweetpeaa
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3899 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I attempted to make a debit card payment earlier today.

I reached the Verified by Visa stage, inputted my password but whilst processing, a website maintenance message popped-up.

My bank account has earmarked the amount, but my Very Account doesn't reflect my payment.

Very's call centre aren't really very helpful as they can't read between the lines. (one of their suggestions is to make the payment again BUT I don't have the funds)

What should happen next ?

I had this exact same issue a few months ago. I made my payment by Visa & all went thru but at the end a maintenance message popped up about Very updating & how you can carry on shopping!

I received no payment confirmation email & the payment for £220 was not deducted from my balance. So I contacted Very & after going from pillar to post I found out that Very had received my payment but it had ended up somewhere it shouldnt have, so it had to be refunded & once it finally was. I had to make the payment again!!

So first of all email Very & get them to find out where your payment has gone too. Do NOT pay again until your payment is found & if need be refunded back to you before making the payment again.

From what happened to me I was told Very had received the payment but they couldnt accept it as it was in limbo. I spoke with Barclays as well & they confirmed I had made the payment but they still had it as pending. So Very had to refund my payment back to me (which took nearly a week) & I then had to ring them & make the payment again.

Do make sure you get any late fee payments refunded (as I was charged & refunded) & also request that Very do not put this down as a missed payment either (I made sure this did not affect my credit history by writing to their head office).

It took me around 2 weeks to finally get this sorted out. I also made sure it did not affect me in a negative way either by contacting Very HO. I did end up with £12 late fee refunded, £20 compensation for the hassle etc & I got written confirmation stating my credit history would not be affected by this.

Good luck!

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

Thanks very much for your information which was very useful in substantiating their system failures.

Spoke to a manager (4 hr call back after I mentioned FOS) who said the call centre should never have said to make the payment again.

(ear-marking didn't count on their tick sheet/script!)

On Monday they will ascertain the status of the payment and act accordingly.

They tried that on me too initially but I refused to pay again until they found the missing payment! The other issue I had, was the fact of dealing with different Customer services agents as no 2 said the same thing & I felt like I was being passed around.

Which is why I made a complaint in the end to the Directors office where I outlined everything said & (not) done & included all my emails & the fact that most emails went unanswered!!

It was their involvement that got me my happy ending, I.E. refund late fees, making sure my credit file wasnt negatively affected & £20 compensation for all the hassle!!

So once they do track your payment down & if you find yourself in same predicament as I was. Then make sure this wont affect you in a negative way either. As its NOT your fault that your payment has gone into limbo within Very! So do make use of the email addresses as required!

Wishing you good luck & a speedy resolution!!

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

Thanks for info. / wishes.

First annoying reply "What do you want me to do" I replied "put me in the position I was in, before I encountered the problem" (they have no answers-you have to tell them and hopefully they take notice)

They treat you like a scally. Even where they file an antiquated report, it favours them.

The manager firstly said "Should I ring you in a week to see if the account has been credited"

Annoyingly asked me if my bank was debited, what world do they live in? Takes 2-3 days (ear-marked in the meantime)

Given your information I was able to press the manager into action.

best bet isto pay by your internet banking webportal

that way if there is an issue

it can always be traced

paying online by a card leaves you open to these issues.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...