Can't afford to pay Wonga loan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3872 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My husband took out a Wonga loan back in July and has been extending it each month as we've not been able to afford to pay it back. Please do not give me any lectures or tell me he shouldn't have taken it out in the first place, etc, I do know this. I just need to know what happens next. I've been on their "help" page and it says that 3 days before the loan is due you can apply to pay in installments. Can anybody tell me what will then happen? Do you need to speak to anyone on the phone? Do they send you anything in the post to sign? Do you have to provide a financial statement?

Any advice appreciated. Thank you.

Stop extending it and enter a repayment plan. Wonga are generally easy to deal with.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I agree Wonga are believe it or not quite easy to deal with. I have personal experiance of them and was running a debt of about £1500 including all there interest etc etc. I emailed them and said i was experiancing problems with payments and what could they do). They replied in about 3 days and said I could enter a payment plan with them but only after my payment had failed to be taken. In a nutshell the payment was not taken and I defaulted, they then took another 3 days to set up the payment plan (on those 3 days i was being charged interest....!) I received the email explaining the payment plan and was going to pay £50 per month until the debt was clear, was going to take me ages but hey I needed to do something to pay the shi*s back. The interest did stop on the account and i arranged to make the payment via there website every month until the money was paid back. Part of the deal was that if I missed any of the payments the payment plan would stop and the whole loan would need to be paid.....I did not miss any payments but after 5 months I managed to pay them off after coming clean to my family and they helped me clear it. I know not everybody can do that but it really helped me out.

They do update your credit file with AR (arrangement set up) but do not worry as I still managed to get a very good loan with my bank 6 months later even with that on my report.

I know how easy it is to get into this mess as i did have 7 of the things totalling about £3500, but i will never be going near them again as long as I live....! there is light at the end of the tunnel and this is the best place to get advise as this is where i got mine from

Hope this helps and good luck....

Just please make sure you do not contact them by phone, and ensure everything you do and recieve is in written format. This way you have a good, solid paper trail if anything else crops up in the future.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D