Parkinh Eye help please **Ticket Cancelled**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3873 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Most of your reply is much of the same preposterous, nonsense or laughable text that is posted on here by a vocal minority and proves the saying that 'a little knowledge is a dangerous thing' - it doesn't therefore doesn't qualify for any further response.

This however; this is extremely dangerous

Parking Eye WILL and DO cancel parking charges if motorists provide sufficient evidence that they are genuine shoppers, we believe the trigger amount to be £30.

Sending such receipts to ParkingEye is the easiest, simple and least painful way of putting the matter to bed and I strongly advise people to do exactly that.

You however, for reasons that I simply cannot fathom, are seeking to dissuade people from doing precisely that.

What you are doing by giving that advice is steering people towards a potential legal confrontation which is totally unnecessary and avoidable.

That is bad advice and should be withdrawn.

Nonsense, I did not advise the OP to not send the receipts, only that they are not obliged to.

I am correct that sending the receipts or PE's so called 'genuine shopper' rule does not make their invoice any more enforceable.

I suggest you read and digest my posts before spilling your vitriol all over the forum.

If admin think my advice is dangerous they will remove my post - you are not admin here and have no right to demand that, if you feel it is that bad then report the post.

Once again I am concerned at why you and others insist on advising people to contact the PPC's when all they need to do is appeal once, then on to POPLA and then submit a standard defence if the PPC sends court papers

There is no need to complicate it or enter any unnecessary dialogue with the PPC when we all know that all the PPC will do is use that dialogue against you to say you have admitted all sorts.

Your constant insistence for unnecessary contact with PPC's especially Parking Eye should make everyone suspicious of you and your true intentions.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nonsense, I did not advise the OP to not send the receipts, only that they are not obliged to.

I am correct that sending the receipts or PE's so called 'genuine shopper' rule does not make their invoice any more enforceable.

I suggest you read and digest my posts before spilling your vitriol all over the forum.

If admin think my advice is dangerous they will remove my post - you are not admin here and have no right to demand that, if you feel it is that bad then report the post.

Once again I am concerned at why you and others insist on advising people to contact the PPC's when all they need to do is appeal once, then on to POPLA and then submit a standard defence if the PPC sends court papers

There is no need to complicate it or enter any unnecessary dialogue with the PPC when we all know that all the PPC will do is use that dialogue against you to say you have admitted all sorts.

Your constant insistence for unnecessary contact with PPC's especially Parking Eye should make everyone suspicious of you and your true intentions.

Thanks for that.

Now calm yourself down, go and get a cup of tea or something and try to put your pre-conceived ideas to one side for a few minutes.

Then, try to rationalize why it is that (nowadays) people like you are in the tiny minority when it comes to effectively dealing with private parking tickets.

Mashing the keyboard with another rant damages your credibility not mine.

And as you appear to be primarily interested in playing the man rather than the ball no further discussion will be entered into with you.

This is getting boring.

Like all bullies you try to intimidate and control and you spread your lies to do that.

It ain't gonna work here.

My advice is based on PERSONAL experience and is also the same view as many other posters on this site, in fact the only two posters who continue to advise unnecessary contact with the PPC is you and Kirby.

My guess is that you share a desk at Parking Eye.

Can members please note that civilised debate and discussion is encouraged in this, so it seems, ever changing world of private parking.

However, when this degenerates into personal abuse and attacks, this will not be tolerated on CAG.

Please let's now get back to a more civilised way of doing things but take this post as a gentle warning.

Thank you.

This is getting boring.

Like all bullies you try to intimidate and control and you spread your lies to do that.

It ain't gonna work here.

My advice is based on PERSONAL experience and is also the same view as many other posters on this site, in fact the only two posters who continue to advise unnecessary contact with the PPC is you and Kirby.

My guess is that you share a desk at Parking Eye.

Your advice is out of date

And it's comments like that don't get you any where.

The game has changed and we are now playing under new rules

Also the fact it's the same view doesnt make it right. The has been a sea change a d I am sorry that you can't see it.

Yes your advice may be based on a few personal experiences, but tht doesn't make it right

Try and understand people's advice comes from different angles in the ppc world so to speak.

Not everyone has such narrow views

And the tag team are back.

Yawn.

Read the other thread where a judge threw PE out of court TODAY on the single point that they were not the landowner.

The 'game' as you put it (although why you think conning people out of their hard earned is a game is mystery to me) has not changed, only you and your buddy seem to promote otherwise.

Homer, these posts are not helpful at all.

As I have said before I usually post on the bailiff forum and I look forward to the day that Parking Eye and the rest of the PPC's have their access to DVLA records stopped. Within less that a year the PPC's have proved that they have merely changed their status from cowboy clampers to cowboy ticketers. The public could see that this is what would happen but the "powers that be" in government took a lot longer. Thankfully they are now seeing these companies in a different light.

One day a week I do voluntary work for a debt charity and we receive so many enquiries about private parking tickets and sadly, many people ignore the notices after doing internet "research" and being led to believe that such parking notices are non-enforceable and should be ignored. This is frankly foolish advice as PPC's will simply issue a writ and they are doing so at an excessive rate.

The initial Parking Eye v Somerfield judgment from Manchester Mercantile Court was astonishingly critical of Parking Eye and it was very clear indeed that Somerfield severed the contract with Parking Eye within only a few months following an unprecedented levels of complaints from CUSTOMERS and members of STAFF !!! It is because of this judgment that I will always recommend that a complaint be made to the STORE.

My initial thoughts on the request from PE for copies of a store receipt would be to tell them to buzz off BUT, putting my "sensible hat" on I would respond with a copy. This is because, if the matter did go to court I can assure you that a Judge would take a very dim view of such a refusal given that providing a copy of the receipt could have brought the matter to a sensible conclusion sooner and most importantly, avoided wasting valuable court time.

PS: If you are unhappy with receiving a ticket from a private parking company........make sure that the store knows !!!!

Most of your reply is much of the same preposterous, nonsense or laughable text that is posted on here by a vocal minority and proves the saying that 'a little knowledge is a dangerous thing' - it doesn't therefore doesn't qualify for any further response.

This however; this is extremely dangerous

Parking Eye WILL and DO cancel parking charges if motorists provide sufficient evidence that they are genuine shoppers, we believe the trigger amount to be £30.

Sending such receipts to ParkingEye is the easiest, simple and least painful way of putting the matter to bed and I strongly advise people to do exactly that.

You however, for reasons that I simply cannot fathom, are seeking to dissuade people from doing precisely that.

What you are doing by giving that advice is steering people towards a potential legal confrontation which is totally unnecessary and avoidable.

That is bad advice and should be withdrawn

can you give us the criteria of the genuine shopper ??????.

the one that's spends £30 shopping today or the one that spends nothing today but spends the said £30 next week having window shopped today ! what if I spend £29.99 do I qualify ???, for my speculative invoice to be cancelled.

the one that's spends £30 shopping today or the one that spends nothing today but spends the said £30 next week having window shopped today ! what if I spend £29.99 do I qualify ???, for my speculative invoice to be cancelled.

As I have said above, given the popularity of these forums private parking company spend all day scouring forums for any information that they can glean and if Nev Met were to provide on an open forum the "criteria of the genuine shoppoer" then he would be a fool. The question is very silly and the answer is obvious. If you have a receipt to prove that you were shopping in the store and it close to £30 copy it and send to PE and almost certainly copy your letter to the Manager of the store.

If this were my ticket I would do what I have done before with Lidl. After receiving a ticket I contacted Lidl head office and explained that I could not find the ticket for the visit which resulted in the ticket but that I could provide copies of receipts from previous visits in which to demonstrate that I was a frequent shopper. I was asked by HO to send copies and within days I was advised that the "speculative ticket" had been cancelled !!! The WORST advice that anyone can give is to ignore these tickets and they are NOT "speculative" invoices !!!!

They should NOT be ignored. The supermarkets will not want to lose customers ( in particular at this time of year).

As I have said above, given the popularity of these forums private parking company spend all day scouring forums for any information that they can glean and if Nev Met were to provide on an open forum the "criteria of the genuine shoppoer" then he would be a fool. The question is very silly and the answer is obvious. If you have a receipt to prove that you were shopping in the store and it close to £30 copy it and send to PE and almost certainly copy your letter to the Manager of the store.

If this were my ticket I would do what I have done before with Lidl. After receiving a ticket I contacted Lidl head office and explained that I could not find the ticket for the visit which resulted in the ticket but that I could provide copies of receipts from previous visits in which to demonstrate that I was a frequent shopper. I was asked by HO to send copies and within days I was advised that the "speculative ticket" had been cancelled !!! The WORST advice that anyone can give is to ignore these tickets and they are NOT "speculative" invoices !!!!

They should NOT be ignored. The supermarkets will not want to lose customers ( in particular at this time of year).

so sorry to upset you but! the question is not silly,the answer is not obvious,genuine shopper I looked, I looked again but I bought a week later,am I not a genuine shopper??.

if these are not speculative invoices how come every time seasoned caggers quote this as being so you do not jump down their throats quoting otherwise.

and sorry but you or anybody else never did quote "close" to £30.

Facts ! if you quote £30 you don't actually mean £30 do you ???.

if you cannot say the criteria of the genuine shopper how are us mere mortals supposed to know if we are or not in the said sales bracket???. fool or not is he !

And the tag team are back.

Yawn.

Read the other thread where a judge threw PE out of court TODAY on the single point that they were not the landowner.

The 'game' as you put it (although why you think conning people out of their hard earned is a game is mystery to me) has not changed, only you and your buddy seem to promote otherwise.

Let me correct on a few things.

This although a welcome case was surprising in that the judge went straight for the land owner issue rather then addressing the issues on the defence.

This was a defence prepared by one of the people who work behind the scenes OFF forum , yes thats by email and not on any open forum, so it isnt in the open.

And yes its best to get the ticket canceled at the earliest opportunity. Why put posters through the hassle of anything else when you can avoid.

Dont put other people at risk unless your prepared to back up your advice by putting your hands in your pockets

I agree with the Magician and Homer....Who the hell are PE to determine who is a "Genuine Shopper" and what the criteria is for the amount, "£30" I believe...

Does that mean then that coming up to xmas on my day off, I spend 4 hours window shopping to get ideas but get a speculative invoice for my time there.....The following week I go back to the same place and stay another 4 hours and spend £450 and again get a speculative invoice but this time PE will cancel it because I spent £450

What authority do they have ?.......No judge will entertain this at all......Get them in Court !!!!!

PE's appeals & complaints procedure from their invoice.

It has no relevance to the signage in the car park does it?

'please include all information to assist with the appeal.This may include:a store receipt.... '

What has that got to do with 'parent & toddlers only in marked bays'

PE's contract (that they won't show) must state that they can't ticket customers who have spent money surely.Any amount of money.There can't be a set amount,you have a receipt that shows you shopped there...

Of course browsing could be proved by the shop cctv,but then the shop in question has farmed out the parking situation to avoid getting involved in any conflict and bad publicity with customers.

Why would PE state that ' a store receipt from the day in question ;proof of purchases via a bank statement etc.' as the only reason on their appeal procedure if it wasn't probably the first line in the contract with the retailer...

PE's appeals & complaints procedure from their invoice.

It has no relevance to the signage in the car park does it?

'please include all information to assist with the appeal.This may include:a store receipt.... '

What has that got to do with 'parent & toddlers only in marked bays'

PE's contract (that they won't show) must state that they can't ticket customers who have spent money surely.Any amount of money.There can't be a set amount,you have a receipt that shows you shopped there...

Of course browsing could be proved by the shop cctv,but then the shop in question has farmed out the parking situation to avoid getting involved in any conflict and bad publicity with customers.

Why would PE state that ' a store receipt from the day in question ;proof of purchases via a bank statement etc.' as the only reason on their appeal procedure if it wasn't probably the first line in the contract with the retailer...

Well all appeals fall on deaf ears as we know, EXCEPT in circumstances where they have obviously dropped a clanger, but somehow get praised by certain posters for cancelling it lol...

What right have they to ask for a copy of a bank statement....is that not "Data Protection" ?

I agree with the Magician and Homer....Who the hell are PE to determine who is a "Genuine Shopper" and what the criteria is for the amount, "£30" I believe...

Does that mean then that coming up to xmas on my day off, I spend 4 hours window shopping to get ideas but get a speculative invoice for my time there.....The following week I go back to the same place and stay another 4 hours and spend £450 and again get a speculative invoice but this time PE will cancel it because I spent £450

What authority do they have ?.......No judge will entertain this at all......Get them in Court !!!!!

Your advice never fails to amaze me. Judges have given judgement to pe quiye s few times

Well all appeals fall on deaf ears as we know, EXCEPT in circumstances where they have obviously dropped a clanger, but somehow get praised by certain posters for cancelling it lol...

What right have they to ask for a copy of a bank statement....is that not "Data Protection" ?

Again factually incorrect

I like this one though, with thanks to the parking prankster for this......

"The Judge then announced that, in his opinion, a contractual arrangement to manage parking does not give rise to a cause of action to claim for damages, and the lack of ownership of the land meant that the claimant had no standing to bring such an action in their own name.

Mr Larda asked for leave to appeal. The judge refused, on the basis there were little grounds for success."

Presumably ParkingEye are scurrying to bank the cheque from Capita before the news their whole business model has gone down the pan gets out.

Happy Parking

The Parking Prankster

You stated earlier before you deleted your reply about getting them in court. Well this person did and they lost:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4800575

I have not deleted anything, it is still up there..

It comes as no suprise to me Kirkby that you have posted this, and I would encourage others to read it.....

Some posters on there are questioning the validity of the post, others are questioning how good the defence was.

Indeed the OP of that link slates all 3 main forum sites for his apparent losss.

You even post on there quote

"Yes the advice on CAG leaves a lot to be desired. Trouble is they can't see the woods from the trees on that site "

HO87 correctly points out that PM is not advisable.

Having read the entire post, I cannot help but think it may be a plant but thats my opinion, so others can read it and make their own mind up

Very rarely do I get angry but this changed this morning after reading your response. I am shocked. I really am.

If an opportunity presents itself that could lead to a ticket being cancelled quickly then why would anyone not bother to take up the opportunity. If I was asked to provide evidence that I was shopping at the store I would have no problem at all with providing a copy of the receipt and let me ASSURE you and anyone else reading this that some PPCs do indeed cancel tickets when such evidence is provided !!

Your comment about "Get them in court" beggars belief !!

I have been a Debt Counsellor for over 22 years and I can assure you that the vast majority of the public have never stepped foot inside a court....and would have no idea at all how to defend themselves in court either. Unless you are a terrorist with no hands you will NOT get legal aid.

PPCs issue writs like bloody confetti and anyone on here advising the public to ignore notices from PPCs is frankly leading them down a rotten path.

Have to agree with Tomtubby everybody should do all they can to avoid entering a court, telling people to ignore them and see them in court is a very,very irresponsible piece of advice.

Back in 2008 with the Stephen Thomas case it was rumoured that he was a "plant" and we hear it lots of times when somebody says they lost a case with a PPC that it must have been a plant. Yes we should ask for proof that it is a real case, we can ask details of the defence offered, and on what the judge decided the case should go against the defendant.

However stating that all lost cases are plants or your defence was not good enough, or the Judge was wrong doesn't help the person who is left with a judgement against them.

It is very satisfying when we see a PPC defeated in court but I would wager the defeats by them far outweigh the defeats of them!

Have to agree with Tomtubby everybody should do all they can to avoid entering a court, telling people to ignore them and see them in court is a very,very irresponsible piece of advice.

Back in 2008 with the Stephen Thomas case it was rumoured that he was a "plant" and we hear it lots of times when somebody says they lost a case with a PPC that it must have been a plant. Yes we should ask for proof that it is a real case, we can ask details of the defence offered, and on what the judge decided the case should go against the defendant.

However stating that all lost cases are plants or your defence was not good enough, or the Judge was wrong doesn't help the person who is left with a judgement against them.

It is very satisfying when we see a PPC defeated in court but I would wager the defeats by them far outweigh the defeats of them!

Can I correct both of you.....I have not told anyone to Ignore anything......lots of people come on here for advice on popla and are given great advice by established posters....

Me personally I would rather go to court than give PE my bank statement.....They are not entitled to any such personal information whatsoever.

Esmerobbo quote "However stating that all lost cases are plants or your defence was not good enough, or the Judge was wrong doesn't help the person who is left with a judgement against them."

I have not stated anything.....They were the opinions of the people that posted on that thread not mine thank you:sad: