Smart Parking (Trading as Town & Country)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys.

I'm a long time user (occasional poster) and have been daft and obtained a notice which was affixed to my car the other week.

On the 18th August, I went to Lincoln and parked in a Smart car park (T/A T&C) and paid for 4 hours parking. Stupidly, I went over the 4 hours by a few minutes and as I returned to my car, saw a yellow striped plastic bag stuck to my windscreen, stating "PARKING CHARGE NOTICE.... Unauthorised Removal is an offence". I opened it and there was an invoice for £35 rising to £70 if I didn't pay within a week.

Now, I know I'm at fault for going over, but surely £70 is a bit steep for 16 minutes???

I know the old advice was ignore/ignore or ignore, but have things changed?

I don't want to end up being a living breathing puppet for these guys in a courtroom.

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys.

I'm a long time user (occasional poster) and have been daft and obtained a notice which was affixed to my car the other week.

On the 18th August, I went to Lincoln and parked in a Smart car park (T/A T&C) and paid for 4 hours parking. Stupidly, I went over the 4 hours by a few minutes and as I returned to my car, saw a yellow striped plastic bag stuck to my windscreen, stating "PARKING CHARGE NOTICE.... Unauthorised Removal is an offence". I opened it and there was an invoice for £35 rising to £70 if I didn't pay within a week.

Now, I know I'm at fault for going over, but surely £70 is a bit steep for 16 minutes???

I know the old advice was ignore/ignore or ignore, but have things changed?

I don't want to end up being a living breathing puppet for these guys in a courtroom.

Thanks in advance.

Please see thread ' TCP send cheque and apologise'.

( same company)

Perth based Town and City Parking (Smart Parking) are notorious for suggesting that the removal of their junk mail from the screen is an offence, if you look at this in detail it is nothing more than an attempt by a private limited company to impersonate authority.

I would suggest that you go through their pathetic appeals procedure only after they have obtained keeper details from the DVLA. (This costs them £2.50) Following rejection of your appeal in the first instance (which will happen) A second appeal should ALWAYS BE MADE TO PARKING ON PRIVATE LAND APPEALS) on the question of Genuine pre estimate of loss. ( This approach is extremely important as it is currently costing this industry a fortune to lose at POPLA)

Once you get to the POPLA stage simply download a standard appeal letter based on the previous information.

Was the wording on the signage at this particular venue altered by the use of sticky tape as this company are known to do this, presumably to save costs, nevertheless this practice raises further questions.

I only received their "Pay up, or pay a debt collector" letter last week. Is it still process to send a denial of liabilty to Smart and their client?

And you didn't mention that in your original post? Why not?