Banks Mistake are they Liable

Lassie69
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3892 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If a bank sent a letter out to a customer in June 2013 saying that they had a payment of £544.21 off a loan which reduced the monthly payments, and it comes to light in September 2013 that that payment was not taken off the customer's loan, is it on the customer to prove how the payment was made, or the bank to prove why it was not taken off the loan and where it went?

I have gone through RBS complaint's team and they are now trying to say the letter was a mistake and sent to me in error, yet it was system generated, so that either means all their system is wrong with customer's information or the information was on their system already for the system to produce and send me a letter confirming a payment received.

I have passed it to the Ombudsman as RBS will only offer a small amount of compensation for the letter they now say was erroneous, rather than honouring the letter and taking the stated amount off the loan as the letter says.

Edited by citizenB