Valid complaint about the "Life in UK test"?

gigs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3875 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure if this is a full-on complaint or a nit-pick but I was "early" by 4 minutes before the appointment time, but was 1 minute inside the 5 minute buffer. Appointment was at 10, got there at 9:56 now I'm out nearly £60 (travel+test fee).

Searching the entire http://lifeintheuktest.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ website it has no mention of being whithin this 5 minute buffer -before- the scheduled test is necessary or else you cannot take the test. The only thing I can find is:

"

If you arrive late for your test, or do not attend for your test, the test fee will not be refunded.

"

This information about that 5 minute requirement before appointed time only appears in small print on the invoice/notification emails. I feel this information should be more readily available and at least bolded or emphasized somewhat. When I get confirmation emails I have been conditioned to simply accept them at face value as the real meat and potatoes has been established on the sign up procedure and FAQ. Email text:

"

You won't be able to take the test if you arrive less than 5 minutes before the start time. You'll then have to book and pay for another test.

"

I think this is really crafty as "human error/assumption" plays a part. I was 4 minutes "early" from the scheduled time. The man asked me what I was at the test center for, put the time 9:56 on a piece of paper and asked me to put my name on it. Then proceeded to tell me I cannot take the test because I needed to be 5 minutes there beforehand.

I looked at the complaints procedure and it's a form you fill in and send by post, but it's narrowed down to just about getting a refund. I just want them to make this information available on the website, although a refund would be nice. I was technically late according to their rules but this information which cause me to be there only 4 minutes early was only in the notification/update email which is easily brushed off as "what I already knew scouring all the details in the sign up process and FAQ" so I never really looked properly.

When I get notificaiton/invoice email I don't expect it to contain important information that is -not- available on the website. So is this a valid complaint you think? u6wREAAAD8cWg4AAAAADbzf992nZCYlHJvAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC