style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3888 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I overheard a conversation today that I couldn't help but get involved in.

The upshot was that a mum had got behind on her council tax and there was a liability order. She sent an email to the council copying in Rossendales who had visited her putting forward an offer of payment.

Rossendales responded - the council didn't - but she did not respond to Rossendales. She has an outstanding complaint with them levying a fee on a car that had finance on it to which they had never responded and had refused to deal with them until they did.

Rossendales turned up on her doorstep and she refused them entry pointing out that she will only deal with and pay the council directly, reminding them that there was still an outstanding complaint and that more over, since their visit 3 years ago, she had gifted all non-essential electrical items or those not fixed to the wall to her son. Rossendales response was to say 'so what, you still owe the money and we will keep on coming back so that you incur charges'. She advised them that she wasn't giving them access and shut the door.

They exact same bailiff had visited her today and left a letter and that's what she was talking to her friend about.

I chipped in and asked if she had given them proof that she had gifted the said items and that there was still a complaint and she said that she printed off both letters and handed them to them with the items blacked out as she had sent the letter to the council when she had complained to them about Rossendales previous conduct.

The council had finally responded to her on Friday saying that they will accept her proposal and she replied informing them of what had happened with Rossendales last week, that she would not deal with for the reasons she had laid out and that payment would come to the council direct as well as reminding them that items had been gifted.

I thought that Rossendales actions were intimidating and bullying as there is nothing for them to levy on and they admitted they would keep on attending to incur charges as did she.

Does she have grounds for a complaint?

Very interesting afternoon at the park!

Bel

Typical bailiffs!!

Yes of corse she has grounds for complaint. As they were acting on behalf of the council the council are the ones responsible for the actions of their clients.

They cannot take any cars on finance as they dont belong to the debtor either so it would be theft without the finance companies say so, which is very unlikely to be granted.

She has a young child with her? Is she on any benefits?

If so this makes her vulnerable. And the bailiffs should really back off , but they dont. The council is solely responsible for them.

They also as far as I'm aware cant add charges willy nilly and can only charge a first and second visit fee plus levy fee if anything was levied on. Its just a scare tactic to get you

To pay quicker.

Wells done to her for shutting the door on them :)

As for gifted items if it cane down to proving it ud need a statutory declaration swearing they are her sons and not hers