goliath and old forgetten QQ debt -

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3880 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Maybe a year or so ago I really got myself into trouble with a cycle of debt, a lot of borrowing and a lot of head-burying in the sand. The same as a lot of people. Anyway, since then I've tightened my belt, paid off the credit cards and the debts owed to friends, and am slowly setting about tackling the other debts that are around.

I got myself an Experian account just to check what I owed (embarrassingly I'd forgotten certain debts). I have a red (I assume default) on there from a company called Gothia which, I assume from looking at my paperwork, relates to a QuickQuid loan I defaulted from.

Now I haven't heard from Gothia via phone at all. Also, the address they have from me on file is one that I used to live in but not currently.

I want to pay this debt, but I worry that if I get into contact with Gothia they're going to twig that I'm in a position to pay it off immediately and won't allow me to bargain my way down to a smaller settlement.

Is there any way of "letting" Gothia know where I live now, getting them to send the first letter and then engage in the offer-counter-offer period so I'm not stung paying £800 for a £300 loan?

Thanks.

I wouldn't contact them at all, wait for them to do their dirty work and make the first contact.

In the meantime, you need to do some homework, and work out exactly what you owe, and who too, any charges that have been incurred and added onto your debt should be reclaimed.

If you know of the original creditor (OC) then it is always advisable to pay them directly.

Never pay a fleecing powerless DCA.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

BCW Gothia can be fairly aggressive in their stance, how much is owed?

The debt is listed for £810, although the original loan was £300.

Is there any way of actually paying QuickQuid themselves rather than the DCA?

The reason I'm keen to pay it is because it's actually showing on my Experian record.

Hi a debt that has been defaulted and sold is no concern of the original creditor anymore.

Paying of a defaulted debt does NOT mean the default entries will be removed from credit files the entries remain for 6 years from the default date, and will just marked satisfied.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

It will be advantageous to get a look at how they arrived at this figure, especially as it is above the BR threshold of £750.

A SAR to QQ to get the complete history of the account would be my first port of call, then you can see exactly what charges and fees they have levied on the account and possibly go about reclaiming them?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!