Nightmare with Vodafone losing my number. *** RESOLVED ***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3854 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I hope someone can help me with this nightmare I am having with Vodafone.

I was looking at moving to a new service provider and requested my PAC code,

however as I was away on holiday and busy at home, I didn't get around to using it,

so as it was nearing the end of it's period,

I called Vodafone to find out if it could be extended or if I needed a new code?

I stupidly was convinced to stay with them and they would reduce my charges,

I was told everything would just continue as normal on my account .

A few days later,I lost service and called to find out what was wrong?

I was told to switch off my phone for 5 to 10 minutes then everything would be okay,

however this was not the case, so

I called back and was told the same thing from the Cairo call centre who were really rude

when I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told "it's all fixed " there is no need to speak to one.

When I persisted I was told I would be called back in 24 to 48 hours.

I called again the next morning and was passed from pillar to post

before being told that I had ported my number across to O2.

I told Them that this was not the case and that I had never used the PAC code

and had never contacted any other service providers.

I. Eventually spoke with a supervisor called Lynn at Glasgow who told me that I must have used the PAC code.

By. This stage I could have banged my head against a brick wall!!!!!

Lynn told me she was raising a fraud investigation and to call O2. Why should I have to call?

I. Have done nothing wrong!!

I did call O2 whom I had been with before I moved to Vodafone and they were very helpful.

They told me that my number was still a Vodafone number and had not been ported across?????

I have had to fight to get a temporary number from Vodafone and have never been called back by anyone,

although I keep being told that they will get back to me.

I. Have had my number for 10 years and want it back!!!!!

I am now out of the country again and have had to contact family and friends to give them this temporary number.

I informed Lynn the supervisor that I wanted it noted that I wanted my 7 days cooling off period extended until this is resolved,

because if I leave now I will have no chance of getting my number back.

I am appalled and disgusted by the level of service at Vodafone and my next step is the ombudsman.

Someone please please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi and welcome to CAG

Ye Gods! How can something so simple go so wrong. I think VF are making it harder for themselves by making it up as the go along however, all is not lost (hopefully)

We have an excellent rep from VF here and while he has to follow the 'party line' he will do his best where he can.

Please follow the instructions on this thread FULLY and post up the automated reference number on this thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems-**UPDATED-November-2012**&p=3683706&viewfull=1#post3683706

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

You've probably tried this, but have you called your number?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Hi jamsinclair1,

It's disappointing to read about your recent experience.

If you'd like any help from me could you email me with your details via the Contact us form here and quote the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To make sure it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as possible?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Lee,

Thanks for all of your help in getting this resolved.

I now have my old number back, which I was continually told was impossible!!!!!!!

If I had not used this forum, I am sure I would have had no resolution.

Regards,

James

If I had not used this forum, I am sure I would have had no resolution.

That's what we like to think we are here for :smile:

Well done to Lee (once again) Just over a month from start of thread to resolution can't be bad

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Yes good stuff :-)

I have changed the thread title to reflect that the problem is resolved.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS