Missed tax credits deadline claim terminated

aloofy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3915 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone offer any advice please? I sent my tax credits renewal by post on 20th July ( no proof of postage) I hadn't heard anything this week and noticed my payments had stopped. I rang the helpline and was told my claim was filed late on 8th August. As the claim was late they couldn't accept the estimated income figure I had provided for my partner who is self employed and so my claim had been terminated!

We are still in process of submitting our figures for his tax return so won't know the actual income for a couple if weeks. In the meantime I have had a letter saying I have been overpaid and they will be looking to get the money back! What should I do?

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I sent the tax credits forms back at least 1 week late, the about 2 weeks ago received a letter saying tax credits had been stopped since renewal let had not been received. This morning received no fewer than 6 letter regarding tax credits 2 addressed to me, 2 addressed to my wife an 2 addressed to us both. All stating the same thing and telling us how much tax credit we should be getting! Yes, 6 letter in the same post all basically saying the same thing - one letter would have been enough!